Quad LP/Tape Poll Franklin, Aretha - GREATEST HITS [CD-4/Q8/Q4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Aretha Franklin - GREATEST HITS"

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 1970's Quadraphonic release from Atlantic Records. (n):phones(y)

aretha 1A.jpg

Some quad mix of the songs suffers from few tracks to mix for, despite that it is a wonderful disc. Too bad "Think" came out later... would had been perfect.
The Q8 release had channel swap problem.

Did it? I have the Q8 and it's always sounded a little off to me.... almost like the rears should be the fronts!

This is a wonderful record! I like the reverb in the mixes because I really don't like a dry studio sound. When you typically hear live music, there is plenty of reverb!

And, it opens with the 1-2-3-4 punch of Respect, Baby, I Love You, Chain of Fools, and Rock Steady for Heavens sake!

Aretha's version of "I Say a Little Prayer" is incredible too.

My only disappointmernt is that I wish I had a better CD-4 copy as mine has a pinch warp and is kind of worn.

Doug

Want a used Q8 with a wonderful channel swapping? :)

Think did not come out later. It was released in 1968 on the same album as I say a little prayer, that is included on the quad album.
Mats

Want a used Q8 with a wonderful channel swapping? :)

Unfortunately, my Ford Quad deck I got from Toronto years ago as an employee of their raw deck vendor, died on me so I can't currently play quad 8-tracks. (insert crying emoticon here).

Doug

I love this.
Just recently got a copy of Bob Romano's transfer & authored DVDA/V version, and it is superb.
What more is there to say, apart from that I wonder how Rhino's version will sound!

I love this.
Just recently got a copy of Bob Romano's transfer & authored DVDA/V version, and it is superb.
What more is there to say, apart from that I wonder how Rhino's version will sound!

Bob did a great job on the Quad Reel transfer of Best of Aretha. No doubt about it !

Back