FREE Multitrack: "The Transit of Venus Across The Sun," Big Big Train!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediJoker

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just stumbled across this serendipitously while dreaming about nice microphones...

@Telefunken - Complete Multitrack for "The Transit of Venus Across The Sun" Live In-Studio:
The multitrack audio files from these sessions are available for free download via clickable links below the individual performance videos. All audio files are presented in .WAV format and were recorded at 24bit / 48KHz sample rate. They are clearly labeled in the same format with the source listed first (LEAD VOX, ACOUSTIC, PIANO), followed by the microphone used (C12, AR-51, etc) and can be downloaded and imported into your Digital Audio Workstation of choice.

For more additional content please visit livefromthelab.net

TELEFUNKEN provides these multitrack audio files for the sole purpose of allowing individuals an opportunity to utilize them for home studio use and for educational purposes only.

No commercial use is permitted. Any commercial use or reuse is strictly forbidden.

By downloading any track hereunder the user agrees to properly attribute all copyrights and to display the following on any non-commercial reuse of the video and multitrack audio files as follows:

All audio files have been engineered and recorded by TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik and are presented for educational and demonstrational purposes only.

————————————————————————————————

Box, United Kingdom, November 2017 – English prog-rock band Big Big Train picked an arsenal of TELEFUNKEN microphones for their rehearsals at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios before taking them out on the road for their recent tour.

Big Big Train is using the entire TELEFUNKEN Dynamic Series of microphones, including the M80-WH and M80 on vocals, M81 and M81-SH on guitar amps and horns, plus two DC7 seven-microphone drum packs on the large custom drum set provided by Sonor. Rehearsals were recorded and filmed for future release.

David Longdon (vocals, flute, keyboards and guitars) commented, “I have used Telefunken mics quite a lot in the studio and know how great they sound. They always work and seem to bring life to the instruments they are put on. With Big Big Train we have a big band with a lot of different instrumentation. From my vocals to the brass ensemble, guitars, bass, and Nick’s big drum kit, I knew using Telefunken live would be a great choice and they did not disappoint at all.”

The band’s FOH mixer Rob Aubrey added, “All the mics I used at rehearsals and gigs were perfect straight out of the box with little or no EQ.”

Big Big Train was formed in 1990. The current line-up consists of Nick D'Virgilio (drums), Dave Gregory (guitars), Rachel Hall (violin and vocals), David Longdon (vocals, flute, keyboards and guitars), Danny Manners (keyboards and bass), Andy Poole (guitars, bass and keyboards), Rikard Sjöblom (keyboards and guitars) and Gregory Spawton (bass, guitars and keyboards). They have released eleven studio albums and three EPs. The band released the single “Merry Christmas” on December 8.

bigbigtrain.com

I'm not set up for mixing in surround, but I know some of you are. Since Big Big Train have released some well-received live surround Blu-rays in the past few years, I figured this might be of interest. I will certainly be trying my hand at mixing this one in stereo!

There are more sessions available, too.

Last edited:
Back