Friedrich Gulda / Claudio Abbado: Mozart Concertos - in Atmos and More on Blu-ray Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine today. Haven’t listened yet but the packaging clearly indicates 2.0, 4.0 and Atmos mixes are included on the blu-ray.
F6C70456-7191-46BA-98C6-0C486D467C07.jpeg

Newly remastered at Emil Berliner Studios in 24bit/192 kHz using the original multi-track master.

DTS-HD Master Audio 5931 kbps 2.0 / 192 kHz / 5931 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio 10224 kbps 4.0 / 192 kHz / 10224 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 4.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio 3724 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 3084 kbps / 16-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -31dB)

Last edited:
Any idea if the rears are mostly ambience or if it's an active mix all around?
I listened to 2 of the concertos yesterday, mostly in 4.0 quad. I would classify this as your typical “audience perspective” classical mix with mostly ambience in the rears. I also briefly tried the Atmos mix down mixed to 5.1 (I don’t have an Atmos setup yet) and did not note any difference at all.

That all being said, the sound quality and performance are very, very good (although I’m no expert on classical, FWIW). So I am still happy that I got this.

I listened to 2 of the concertos yesterday, mostly in 4.0 quad. I would classify this as your typical “audience perspective” classical mix with mostly ambience in the rears. I also briefly tried the Atmos mix down mixed to 5.1 (I don’t have an Atmos setup yet) and did not note any difference at all.

That all being said, the sound quality and performance are very, very good (although I’m no expert on classical, FWIW). So I am still happy that I got this.

Just received my copy today and in BD~A 192/24 4.0, it sounds exquisite on my system. IMO, these DGG packages do NOT disappoint and are extremely reasonably priced for anyone considering a purchase.

I just placed this order [3 RBCDs/1 BD~A 192/24 Stereo]

Wolfgang Schneiderhan and Carl Seemann's cycle of Beethoven's Violin Sonatas recorded in the Vienna Musikverein (Brahms-Saal) in 1959 by legendary Producer Elsa Schiller. Three CDs newly remastered at Emil Berliner Studios in 24 bit/192kHz + Blu-ray, audio in DTS-HD. Capbox with 24-page booklet; includes liner notes by Tully Potter, in English, German & French. With new artist pictures from the archive.

61RdopuhZeL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Back