From Billboard: Studios Are Rushing to Record Music in Hi-Def Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then you never get the hear the mix at all. If it were an either/or? Sure. But it’s not. If there’s a great surround mix of a favorite album that exists would you rather never hear it if you can’t own?
Actually, that’s a really interesting question. If I never heard it once I wouldn’t get the chance to miss it. If it was something I was going to always feel the “hole” left behind, always longing to hear it again and waiting, hoping for it to be released again. An argument could be made that you were better off having never heard it. Kind of a philosophical conundrum.

Actually, that’s a really interesting question. If I never heard it once I wouldn’t get the chance to miss it. If it was something I was going to always feel the “hole” left behind, always longing to hear it again and waiting, hoping for it to be released again. An argument could be made that you were better off having never heard it. Kind of a philosophical conundrum.
‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, said someone once. ;)

Probably cause that them there are Country Music folks. o_O:LOL:
Well, I do have some Johnny Cash in quad.

But, yeah, there are plenty of circumstances where MCH seems like it’s like chrome wheels on a Yugo. Solo piano, the classic girl (or guy) and a guitar, etc. How do you put three instruments in nine speakers?

This might sound shocking, but hear me out.

A single instrument with copious amounts of reverb sounds better in 5.1 than stereo!
Amen to that, PM...whether true 5.1 or upmixed with the Surround Master and others.

folder.jpg

This might sound shocking, but hear me out.

A single instrument with copious amounts of reverb sounds better in 5.1 than stereo!
Oh I agree, I've mixed songs with one guitar & vocals in surround myself & I'd also rather hear something like that than a stereo mix. It's necessary when working just a few tracks, ...it's just a shame that a lot of mixes use the same method whether there's 3 or 30 tracks to work with.

Back