• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: All my A/V gear (London, UK)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
So after more than 10 years in the UK on various work visas I lost my job a couple of years ago and had to return to Canada, but I left all my stuff in a storage unit in London in the hopes that I might return at some point. Due to the Tories continually tightening the immigration regulations it now looks like that's going to be an impossibility so I need to sell off the majority of what I have.

A couple of my friends are going to be accessing my storage unit this weekend and removing everything. If you're interested in anything it will need to be collected from the vicinity of north London (W10 area) next week.

Feel free to email me with any questions, etc. Everything is already priced lower than the average eBay selling price but I will consider a small discounts if you want to buy most of it/everything. I'll also throw in my collection of interconnects which includes several HDMI cables, various RCA cables, SPDIF cables, video cables, etc. as well if you purchase both the amp and the DVD player.

Speakers (Dark Apple finish)

KEF Q4 Floorstanding - 150watts / 2 x 130mm drivers - £80
KEF Q6c Centre Channel Speaker - 100 watts / 130mm driver - £40
KEF Q Compact (rear/bookshelf speakers) 100 watts, 1 x 130mm driver - £60
KEF PSW-3000 powered subwoofer - 300 watts / 250mm long throw driver - £50

(all speakers come with my speaker cables as well: 10m (each) of 2-core copper cable for the Q Compacts, and 2m (each) of silver 4-core bi-amp/bi-wire cable for each of the front speakers)

Specs and dimensions are here. I purchased these new from Sevenoaks Sound & Vision in 2005, but they've been in storage for almost half the time since then due to my immigration issues. Always taken care of and never run at much more than -15 on my amp. Everything is in it's original boxes except for one of the floorstanding speakers which was returned from KEF after a warranty repair sans-box. Suffice it to say I wouldn't be selling these if I didn't have to - I auditioned 4 different brands of speakers (including B&W) before I bought these and I liked these ones the best. They had the widest dispersion radius and a frequency response up to 27kHz. I also paid almost £1000 for them at the time so you're getting a massive bargain. Note the subwoofer has a minor (easily fixable) mains hum issue but it's almost inaudible when music is playing.

A/V Equipment

Denon DVD-2910 Region Free DVD-A/V & CD player (silver) - £40
I originally paid almost £500 for this when I bought the speakers in 2005 and it's also been in storage for almost 5 of the last 10 years. It plays pretty much every flavour of CD and DVD (+R -R +RW -RW etc) and also DVD-A and SACD. Has a whole raft of outputs including DVI/HDMI, 5.1 analog out, SPDIF and coax digital audio, etc.

Denon AVR-2310 A/V Surround Receiver (black) - 135watts x 7 channels, 5 HDMI inputs - £100
Bought this used in 2012 - it's from (I believe) the last year that Denon still equpped their mid-range models with 5.1 analog inputs, which as we all know is essential. Also has 5 HDMI in/1 out, 2 x coax/2 x SPDIF digital audio in, 7 x analog stereo ins (incl. a phono input), 4 x composite video/ 3 S-Video ins, and decodes Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD. More info here.

Epson EH-TW3200 3LCD 1080p FullHD Home Cinema Projector - £375 (sells new for £800)
(+ I'll throw in a free 10m HDMI cable)
1920x1080p native resolution 3LCD panel, supports various frame rates including 25, 30 and even 24p for film. 1800 lumens/25,000:1 contrast ratio. Fantastic short throw projector with a nearly 100% optical lens shift feature - I was projecting an image almost 110" diagonally in a room that was barely more than 3.5m square with the projector positioned in the corner of the room. I did a lot of research at the time I bought this and it was by far the best value for the money (when I was paying £800) so at £375 it's an absolute steal. Comes with a brand new, unused 4000 hour bulb so it's almost effectively a new unit.

Sony Playstation 3 160gb + Sony bluetooth headset - £50
Aside from being a gaming system, it's also an excellent firmware upgradable BluRay player, which is what I primarily used it for. Includes a free Sony bluetooth gaming headset I paid £20 for.

Purpose built (by yours truly) A/V rack - free to good home
Approx. 55cm (W) x 40cm (D) x 70cm (H) solid 3/4" pine, on casters for easy movement. 5 shelves, should fit pretty much any standard-size A/V gear with room to spare.

Speakers
1 - speakers.jpg

Denon DVD-2910 DVD-A/V Player
2---dvd-player.jpg

Denon AVR-2310 Amp
3---amp.jpg

Epson EH-TW3200 1080p LCD Projector
4---projector.jpg

Pine A/V rack
14---av-rack.jpg

Nothing for me here with my current lack of pocket money, etc. but I hope it works out well for you.

Nice selection of kit and some serious bargains.

Condition of everything looks great in the pics.

(Thought: Let's get married and you can come back and live here permanently!! Psst.. I won't tell my husband if you won't! :D )

Seriously.. I'm just trying to work out if there's anything there I could buy, might help out a bit.

I don't need any of it... but funnily enough the Denon AVR was on my shopping list at one time (chiefly because of the combination of HDMI and 6-channel analogue input in a well-priced well-specced solid unit).. gotta admit I'm tempted by your KEFs, sans sub.. I've always fancied trying the KEF Concentric route, see how good the imaging (which is amazing in the Concentric Tannoys I've heard) is in a surround setting. Mmm.. Lemme have a think..

What's the deadline, Dave?

Back