• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS - Involve Surroundmaster w/SQ

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss9001

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I'd like to sell my Involve SurrroundMaster if someone has an interest in buying. It's one of the original ones that has the SQ function.

Reason for selling is simple: I don't use it. All my surround needs are handled by one of the top processors (Trinnov Altitude 16) with immersive audio upmixers plus vintage quad duties handled by Sansui QSD-1, QRX9001 and Audionics Tate SQ. So just don't have a need for the Involve anymore.

The SM hasn't been used much, works fine & I have the cables, manual & orig box for it. I bought it brand new from Involve for around $450. They only made a limited number of the SQ models. We can discuss price but I'm thinking $200 plus my shipping cost from Atlanta area. I'd like to see an enthusiast use it rather than sit in my system or in a closet. Plus I could use the space for a new streamer I've got my eye on.

The Involve SM served a need for a modern matrix decoder & a backup if my Sansui QRX & Audionics finally died since I wasn't going to restore the QRX a 3rd time since 1979! And it did that well but since I bought it I found a QSD-1 on Ebay & had it restored by Jim Skoker. In mid '19, I finally pursued my dream prepro - Trinnov Altitude. I don't need another box for surround ;)

Anyone interested please PM me & we can share email or phone. I've been a long standing QQ member for many years starting in the early QuadBob era. A long time quadraphile & surround sound addict :love:

Last edited:
I was quietly admiring it and considering buying it and Quadzilla beat me to the punch. Which is fine because I am not ready for a SM yet.

Similar situation to the OP. I bought version 2 and don't see myself using the original, especially since I am downsizing and moving, with no plans for a 2nd quad setup. Mine is also the SQ specific version. So same deal - $200 plus shipping from Dover, Delaware, if anyone is interested. PM me,

Sorry, folks for not updating - it was SOLD to Quadzilla. He jumped on it!
bob.stek - and congrats for finding a home for yours :)

Back