Full Sail & Native Sons by Loggins & Messina in Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I talked to Marshall about this. He confirmed that Audio Fidelity has the Thrust and Spectrum SACDs. Their policy is to make them available to distributors and resellers first - before they are made available on the
Audio Fidelity web site.

Thanks for the update, Brian.

Just to be nosy, roughly how many SACDs are usually pressed for each AF release?

And, as far as you know, will the 2~SACD Dylan Bootleg be the only AF SACD release for March 2016?

BTW, the AF Stereo SACD of Loggins & Messina's "Sittin' In" is unbelievable. My HIGHEST recommendation [for what it's worth]. Do you know if the QUAD masters for Full Sail exist and are in usuable shape and "might" receive a future QUAD SACD release?

BTW, the AF Stereo SACD of Loggins & Messina's "Sittin' In" is unbelievable. My HIGHEST recommendation [for what it's worth]. Do you know if the QUAD masters for Full Sail exist and are in usuable shape and "might" receive a future QUAD SACD release?

Based on what Brian has said before, the only L&M Quad tapes Sony have located so far are the ones for their self-titled album, which has already been released, but I think (and hope that) they will probably hold off on releasing "Full Sail" and "Native Sons" on SACD until they find the Quad tapes for those.

A discussion about the albums Full Sail and Native Sons by Loggins & Messina - and interest in seeing these 4.0 Surround Sound mixes on Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD.

Based on what Brian has said before, the only L&M Quad tapes Sony have located so far are the ones for their self-titled album, which has already been released, but I think (and hope that) they will probably hold off on releasing "Full Sail" and "Native Sons" on SACD until they find the Quad tapes for those.

Audio Fidelity is working with Sony Music on trying to locate the Full Sail and Native Son 4 Channel Master Tapes. Sittin' In was not mixed to 4 Channel Surround, so it was released as a Hybrid Stereo SACD.

They were pleased with the Loggins & Messina Multichannel SACD and would like to do a couple more by the group. We will see what the vault searching produces.

Audio Fidelity is working with Sony Music on trying to locate the Full Sail and Native Son 4 Channel Master Tapes. Sittin' In was not mixed to 4 Channel Surround, so it was released as a Hybrid Stereo SACD.

They were pleased with the Loggins & Messina Multichannel SACD and would like to do a couple more by the group. We will see what the vault searching produces.

I hope hope hope Audio Fidelity and Sony find those tapes! As good as the self-titled Quad is, the other two are absolutely wonderful.. and deserve to be heard in all their discrete high-resolution glory fresh from the master tapes, imho.. fingers crossed..

In the meantime, until they locate the L&M Full Sail and Native Son QUAD masters, I VERY highly recommend this DVD mixed in absolutely stellar DTS 5.1 discrete surround by Elliot Scheiner.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/live-sittin-in-again-at-santa-barbara-bowl-dvd-mw0001019625

Available NEW from $6.60 + s/h from AmazonUS third party vendors. The performance will blow you away!

I purchased that one in August and have never auditioned it yet...it's still cheap HERE

I purchased that one in August and have never auditioned it yet...it's still cheap HERE

What are you waiting for, Clint? It starts out a little pedestrian but by the end of the disc you'll be blown away by the brilliant musicianship of the ENTIRE band. Ultra discrete Elliot Scheiner mix.

Why buy used from Amazon when for a few pennies more you can buy it BRAND NEW here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=&tag=acleint-20

What are you waiting for, Clint? It starts out a little pedestrian but by the end of the disc you'll be blown away by the brilliant musicianship of the ENTIRE band. Ultra discrete Elliot Scheiner mix.

Why buy used from Amazon when for a few pennies more you can buy it BRAND NEW here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=&tag=acleint-20

You ask why I buy used..it just depends...if the prices are about the same or a little more...I buy new...but when I'm posting something on the forum for others to purchase I like to give options...there are more sellers at about the same price in the used category and since this is a forum posting it helps to give more people a chance at grabbing one...and they can always check the price of new ones on the listing...it also depends on the sellers...regardless of price there are some sellers I don't purchase from anymore...no matter how good the deal is...and other people feel the same way about some sellers on amazon...now for an example of why I buy used...I purchased this title for $4.00 and it was listed as "like new" and it certainly was....the discs looked like they were never played...the case had some tiny wear patterns on it...

My thanks to those who pointed me to the concert dvd. The mix and the performances are as good as advertised here. My wife and really enjoyed the 5.1 audio last night. Good stuff until and unless better stuff comes along!

Back