Steven Wilson Further Yes reissues...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fully agree with that edisonbaggins and skherbeck!

I don't know about "return"... Did they ever really leave? They may not have had every single one of their releases hitting on the level of CTTE but... that's not exactly reasonable to expect. I don't mean so much to be dismissive of later work. Just wanting to celebrate the extra special ones and keep going on about them endlessly I suppose. :D

I do really like that track Homeworld. There are some really good tracks on the Key's to Ascension albums too. Heck, there are a couple good tracks on Big Generator for that matter. Even some of the weaker stuff is miles above what I remember hearing on the radio next to it at the time. It's just that some of those earlier works set the bar impossibly high. I do have to admit that 90125 was the first Yes album with a number of what came across to me as filler tracks though. And if Drama was a 'left turn' from the sound and direction of the band, 90125 was 3 left turns. I'll also say that everything starting with Keys is marred by budget production issues that add to the divide. The production on the live tracks on those albums is a disaster. (An ADAT recording gone wrong and then with glaring train wreck digital editing mistakes!) The next few albums have the ultra crushed 'hyped for portable listening devices' thing going on. I mean, they still sound "good" and professional and all. Much better than some of the audience recordings you might catch me trying to listen to at times and with that in mind it feels foolish to make ANY comment!

Anyway, I would really like to hear how Steve Wilson would make Tormato sound coherent and 'finished' and hear GFTO in grand perspective without that layer of mud and distortion the stereo mix is buried in.

I'm thrilled that we at least have Homeworld in 5.1. It gets frequent spins at Casa da Baggins

Wait what? When did that get released in surround? There's a DVD or bluray of The Ladder?!
Maybe I should put those older albums down for a minute and start paying attention!

Rare and long out of print too? I see nothing available...

Wait what? When did that get released in surround? There's a DVD or bluray of The Ladder?!
Maybe I should put those older albums down for a minute and start paying attention!

Rare and long out of print too? I see nothing available...
It's on a JVC Special Edition DVD-A. I found my copy reasonably priced. The DVD also has some cuts from Magnification (I mostly like them) and also live cuts from the House of Blues video (I sometimes listen to them, sometimes not - they're just "ok," IMO).

It's on a JVC Special Edition DVD-A. I found my copy reasonably priced. The DVD also has some cuts from Magnification (I mostly like them) and also live cuts from the House of Blues video (I sometimes listen to them, sometimes not - they're just "ok," IMO).

A DVDA box set of the 3 albums? I'm not much of a fan of Magnification but I'd pick that up for the rest. Where is this available?

A DVDA box set of the 3 albums? I'm not much of a fan of Magnification but I'd pick that up for the rest. Where is this available?
PM'ed ya. No, just one disc with a sampling of sources. Homeworld is in 5.1 because it was written for a video game that had a surround soundtrack, IIRC.
Not sure why they put it on the House of Blues video, but I'm glad they did, as that is why it is on this DVD-A.

Don't think so. I see Red and Court as 40th anniversary editions without the DVDA in stores here.

-Kristian
Thanks, Kristian. I don't see any DVD-A in stores where I live either, get everything online.
I should probably order sooner than later.

Maybe instead of "in print" I should have said "currently in stock at Amazon US."
And it seems enough KC were manufactured that they should stay available and affordable, especially as folks dump their disc spinner hardware.
(Which I intend to use for the rest of my life expectancy.)

I have half a dozen more Crim CD / DVD-As on my Amazon wish list, < $20 US for LTIA, for example.
Islands just showed up yesterday, sounds killer in 5.1 hi-rez.

71LzGvKWghL._SL1220_.jpg

Back