Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting for that holiday season of hot quad SACD releases coming soon. I just know that something great is going to close out a very good D/V year. Should be soon, as they will want to get the Christmas buying gift giving season market. Even when I'm not exactly ecstatic with everything, D/V usually have something that excites me.

Just had six Classical ones come out. I'm hoping that Christmas brings another Guess Who Two-fer, a B.W. Stevenson two-fer, David Essex's Rock On, and dream of dreams even a single disc Edgar Winter title. I was day dreaming today at work that we got a Guess Who Two-fer of Live at the Paramount and So Long, Bannatyne. Wouldn't that be the pajamas' whiskers to get a two fer of unreleased titles?

I'm just happy that somebody out there digs us and is doing this. Most of the popular titles, I've been all-in on. I've even bought some of the more, shall we say, dubious titles just to get the train up to steam and support the man doing this. Dare I say it seems to have worked! These past few years we've gotten titles I bet none of us ever thought would see the light of day again.

Only thirty-two shopping days till Xmas, plus those of us across the pond from Old Blighty have to deduct a week for shipping. It's gonna be a close one...

a scary proposition.. it feels so soon!!! 😱
the post here goes a bit mental in December, what to you might be a realistic latest release date in order for potential Watford Wizard Quads to make it to the States? 🇬🇧 🎅🏼 🇺🇸

It depends upon whether Michael is willing to personally deliver them here and hop from chimney to chimney carrying his sack of quad sacds over his shoulder......

Red suit and white beard unnecessary just tell him to carry some ID when the cops stop him for questioning.

chim chim-a-ney,
chim chim-a-ney
chim chim cha-ree
drop a load of Quads
from your sack
right down my chimney!!!

🎅🏼 🎒 🎉

chim chim-a-ney,
chim chim-a-ney
chim chim cha-ree
drop a load of Quads
from your sack
right down my chimney!!!

🎅🏼 🎒 🎉

I know, I rightfully know dear Adam that the just released equivalent of 16 SQ Classical Quad SACDs doesn't count [but they DO]; but alas, the Wizard has taken a brief, well deserved respite from his remixing/remastering chores for a spell but is conjuring up a new batch of righteous Pop/Rock/Soul/Jazzy confections from the bowels of the RCA/CBS vaults for a year end BLAST ...... and perhaps, if we're especially good, a UMG outlier from a distant trove.....and if Warners knows what's good for them [and US], they'll jump on the 2020 bandwagon and allow Michael and his elves to start releasing those musty treasures long ago sequestered in the belly of the Rhino!

See the source image

Endangered Species: Warner/Rhino QUAD

Last edited:
a scary proposition.. it feels so soon!!! 😱
the post here goes a bit mental in December, what to you might be a realistic latest release date in order for potential Watford Wizard Quads to make it to the States? 🇬🇧 🎅🏼 🇺🇸

Anything after December 1 would be a bit dodgy, I would think. So fingers crossed for a...well...I don't much care for the whole "Black Friday" thing--so how about (if you'll excuse the Gallic tinge) a Vocalion Vendredi?

Anything after December 1 would be a bit dodgy, I would think. So fingers crossed for a...well...I don't much care for the whole "Black Friday" thing--so how about (if you'll excuse the Gallic tinge) a Vocalion Vendredi?

And FORGET Priority Mail. It's quick but uber expensive. Just went that route. And TGIV.....really, humprof?

I know, I rightfully know dear Adam that the just released equivalent of 16 SQ Classical Quad SACDs doesn't count [but they DO]; but alas, the Wizard has taken a brief, well deserved respite from his remixing/remastering chores for a spell but is conjuring up a new batch of righteous Pop/Rock/Soul/Jazzy confections from the bowels of the RCA/CBS vaults for a year end BLAST ...... and perhaps, if we're especially good, a UMG outlier from a distant trove.....and if Warners knows what's good for them [and US], they'll jump on the 2020 bandwagon and allow Michael and his elves to start releasing those musty treasures long ago sequestered in the belly of the Rhino!

See the source image

Endangered Species: Warner/Rhino QUAD

a UMG outlier!?!? 🤯
RCA, CBS, UMG, WMG, if its an old Quad from beyond the grave-y aren't they all outliers!!

yours,
the entitled little schmuck who can't schleep without knowing mo' mo' mo'!! drop us a hint Ralphie, there's a love 😘

a UMG outlier!?!? 🤯
RCA, CBS, UMG, WMG, if its an old Quad from beyond the grave-y aren't they all outliers!!

yours,
the entitled little schmuck who can't schleep without knowing mo' mo' mo'!! drop us a hint Ralphie, there's a love 😘

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count all those Rhino Quads
Which Warners sheepishly keeps
But I fall asleep ... counting my blessings!
When my bankroll is running low
I think of when I had NO Quads at all
Yet I fall asleep ... counting my blessings.......

We're ALL outliers, Adam......and entitled little schmucks ..........but hopefully, D~V has only ruffled the TIP of

See the source image

Last edited:
One thing about waiting for "the next batch" - just keep in mind that the titles aren't announced until they're all IN STOCK and ready to ship, which is so unlike the clowns at MFSL and others who announce titles in catalogs literally YEARS in advance, causing everyone to ask, for example, "Where is the Animals SACD?", when if they just kept it to themselves they would not get trashed on the net or in peoples minds.

Just sit quietly and envision a loading dock filled with unannounced surround SACDs waiting for the final shipment to arrive that will trigger the announcement that will make us all order instantaneously. And again, just be glad there is this one shining star out there that continues to feed our addiction without having to pay for the deluxe super incredible box set with marbles, scarves, and VAT.

Back