Future Quadio releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my CD-4's are original and mint. Have two demodulators connected and working. A third is built into a Sansui which will be refurbished if/when needed. CD-4 lives.

Will still rebuy on BD.
That's great! I think you may have read what happened to my quad collection when I got divorced in 1976? kaput!

Hi everybody.
4 new Quadios scheduled for June 23, 2023. Individual releases in those super jewel cases to set them apart from Compact Discs.
OMG
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCODP5s3V4_4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE
1683478489180.png

Will the past become prologue once again recollecting when RHINO issued the exceptional Chicago QUADIO boxset when the supergroup became inductees into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

This year, Elektra recording artist Carly Simon was inducted into the Hall of Fame and she does have 5 QUAD albums only one of which has ever been released digitally in MLP DVD~A 5.1....No Secrets

CARLY SIMON -
Best. Elektra EQ-1048 (CD4), 8Q-1048 (Q8)
Carly Simon. Elektra EQ-4082 (CD4), ESTQ-4082-QF (QR), 8Q-4082
(Q8)
Hotcakes. Elektra EQ-1002 (CD4), ESTQ-1002-QF (QR), 8Q-1002 (Q8)
No Secrets. Elektra EQ-5049 (CD4), ESTQ-5049-QF (QR), 8Q-5049
(Q8), Elektra QP-11004E (CD4) [Japan]
Playing Possum. Elektra EQ-1033 (CD4), 8Q-1033 (Q8)

I do have her debut album on QUAD OPEN REEL and it's a stunner. Fingers crossed that lightning strikes once again in the form of a CARLY SIMON QUADIO BOXSET in Pure Audio BD~A 192/24!
It looks like Another Passenger (EQ-1064) was prepared, but not released. Would love that one!

Back in the day, I recall Another Passenger being announced. I waited a year and wound up buying the 2ch. A great album. It Keeps You Running, Cow Town and Fairweather Father are my faves here.

Doobies incl Johnston and McDonald guest. JT, Jackson Browne, Lowell George, Linda Ronstadt, Dr. John and many other guests.

IMHO. her most underrated album.

Put me down for these previous Quadradiscs, 3 UK/EURO releases ...

3-Absolute Elsewhere-In Search Of Ancient Gods (Bill Bruford on drums)

2-Deaf School - Second Honeymoon

1-Passport - Handmade

All three have super quad mixing in my opinion. Backwards preference 321.
Both Passport , and Absolute Elsewhere , use a lot of synthesizer 's .

And if possible my next best of WEA request would be some previously not released quad mixes , recently uncovered.
In order of preference ..

Rod Stewart- Atlantic Crossing
Foghat- Energized
Joni Mitchell- Miles Of Isles
James Taylor - In The Pocket
J Geils Band - Bloodshot
Dionne Warwick - Track Of The Cat

-Fizzy ☺️

I know then CD-4 was Europe, I think Germany. Was there ever a US release of this? Maybe Rhino doesn't have access to this.

No only in Europe , and Japan.
There were six WEA CD-4 exclusive to the European market.

Passport -Handmade (Atlantic Records)
Absolute Elsewhere - In Search Of Ancient Gods (Warner Bros)
Deaf School - Second Honeymoon (Warner Bros)
Ralph McTell - Right Side Up (Warner Bros)
Fats Domino - Live At Montreaux (Atlantic Records)
WEA CD-4 Sampler (included Quadrant 4, from Billy Cobham Spectrum)

Two or three , were released in 1976 , a year after WEA USA, quit quad in the North American market.

I also want Passport Handmade

Add Absolute Everywhere never was able to find the quad record. I enjoy more obscure non mainstream choices

Like @quicksrt I do want rock choices showing up
I plan to keep buying the bundles as long as some of these continue to appear in them

Back