Future Quadio releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dreaming but maybe Warner/Rhino releases Quadio collections of different artists together, like 10 different albums by different artists/bands in a single set. Will never happen but one can hope...
I did propose that in another thread but foraging Rhino himself posted that it would not be feasible since each individual album would require Artist consent, royalties, etc and then of course there's the issue with prospective purchasers being turned off by the albums they liked and didn't like...the same issue we go through when Dutton Vocalion releases multiple albums ...... there are ALWAYS groans.......

As for me, I have eclectic taste and am easily satisfied and as Carly Simon sings 'Nobody Does It Better' then when RHINO puts their nose to the grind and releases their existing stock of QUAD masters usually at VERY attractive prices... a la The Doors, Chicago and the Doobies ... ALL exquisite HOME RUNS!

Last edited:
Will the past become prologue once again recollecting when RHINO issued the exceptional Chicago QUADIO boxset when the supergroup became inductees into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

This year, Elektra recording artist Carly Simon was inducted into the Hall of Fame and she does have 5 QUAD albums only one of which has ever been released digitally in MLP DVD~A 5.1....No Secrets

CARLY SIMON -
Best. Elektra EQ-1048 (CD4), 8Q-1048 (Q8)
Carly Simon. Elektra EQ-4082 (CD4), ESTQ-4082-QF (QR), 8Q-4082
(Q8)
Hotcakes. Elektra EQ-1002 (CD4), ESTQ-1002-QF (QR), 8Q-1002 (Q8)
No Secrets. Elektra EQ-5049 (CD4), ESTQ-5049-QF (QR), 8Q-5049
(Q8), Elektra QP-11004E (CD4) [Japan]
Playing Possum. Elektra EQ-1033 (CD4), 8Q-1033 (Q8)

I do have her debut album on QUAD OPEN REEL and it's a stunner. Fingers crossed that lightning strikes once again in the form of a CARLY SIMON QUADIO BOXSET in Pure Audio BD~A 192/24!

Last edited:
Will the past become prologue once again recollecting when RHINO issued the exceptional Chicago QUADIO boxset when the supergroup became inductees into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

This year, Elektra recording artist Carly Simon was inducted into the Hall of Fame and she does have 5 QUAD albums only one of which has ever been released digitally in MLP DVD~A 5.1....No Secrets

CARLY SIMON -
Best. Elektra EQ-1048 (CD4), 8Q-1048 (Q8)
Carly Simon. Elektra EQ-4082 (CD4), ESTQ-4082-QF (QR), 8Q-4082
(Q8)
Hotcakes. Elektra EQ-1002 (CD4), ESTQ-1002-QF (QR), 8Q-1002 (Q8)
No Secrets. Elektra EQ-5049 (CD4), ESTQ-5049-QF (QR), 8Q-5049
(Q8), Elektra QP-11004E (CD4) [Japan]
Playing Possum. Elektra EQ-1033 (CD4), 8Q-1033 (Q8)

I do have her debut album on QUAD OPEN REEL and it's a stunner. Fingers crossed that lightning strikes once again in the form of a CARLY SIMON QUADIO BOXSET in Pure Audio BD~A 192/24!
This would be AMAZING! Carly is one of my all time favorites.

Hi everybody.
4 new Quadios scheduled for June 23, 2023. Individual releases in those super jewel cases to set them apart from Compact Discs. Will be available from the rhino web store. Probably 30 bucks each.

MOD NOTE: I copied ForagingRhino's post to it's own new thread, as this announcement needs more exposure. This way everyone will see it right away when they log in - :-jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody.
4 new Quadios scheduled for June 23, 2023. Individual releases in those super jewel cases to set them apart from Compact Discs. Will be available from the rhino web store. Probably 30 bucks each.
Holy cats!!! A sleepy Saturday evening bombshell! Long time, no see, @ForagingRhino, but you know how to make a dramatic re-entrance. Many thanks for the forewarning, and kudos on keeping the Quadio program alive.

Hi everybody.

Amazing news! Can you give us any hints? Will they all be the same artist or different ones? Does the name rhyme with Boney Hitchell? Or perhaps Sandy Gluecan? Or The Beagles? :p

Hi everybody.
BEYOND the BEST NEWS I've heard all day .... make that ALL year [so far]! Just when you think the WEA Group/Rhino have abandoned their delightful and sonically superb QUADIO BD~A program, ForagingRhino emerges with news of four individual QUADIO releases.

And as I've stated in previous posts......NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN WHEN RHINO PUTS THEIR NOSE TO THE GRIND AND RELEASES THOSE 1970's COVETED QUAD CHESTNUTS!

IN THE WORDS OF ELEKTRA RECORDING ARTIST CARLY SIMON:

I was so impressed with the Chicago and Doobie Brothers sets, that I think I almost don’t care what it’s going to be... it’ll be a purchase no matter what. Can’t wait to find out what this news is.
I feel precisely the same way, Blackwood. What I love is they released the previous QUADIO box sets at 192/24 resolution and I've always been a huge fan of those WEA QUADS as I have owned quite a few on QUAD OPEN REEL and [sorry, less so] CD~4!

Fingers crossed that it at least it includes one Joni Mitchell album, Carly Simon's transcendent debut album* which includes the gorgeous THAT'S THE WAY I ALWAYS HEARD IT SHOULD BE [which sounds amazing on Quad REEL], and a Gordon Lightfoot and was it ever resolved whether James Taylor's albums SWEET BABY JAMES and MUD SLIDE SLIM & THE BLUE HORIZON were ever remixed to QUAD?

*But the BEST OF CARLY SIMON would be no slouch either!

Last edited:
Sweet Baby James, no. Mud Slide Slim & Gorilla, yes. There's an unreleased Quad mix of In The Pocket just collecting dust in the vault.

Don't you mean "One Man Dog" and "Gorilla"? Or is there a quad mix of "Mud Slide Slim" in there getting all dusty too?:SG

Sweet Baby James, no. Mud Slide Slim & Gorilla, yes. There's an unreleased Quad mix of In The Pocket just collecting dust in the vault.
Are any of Joni Mitchell's early albums likewise remixed for QUAD [Ladies of the Canyon, i.e.] and was BLUE ever completed in QUAD? I'm ALL for surprises and garner there are quite a few unreleased and even rumored to be released QUAD delights languishing in the WEA vaults...and even Sinatra's September of My Years [which was long ago announced for DVD~A release but never reached fruition]. Or is that now part of the Sinatra Estate and OFF LIMITS? And Neil Young's AFTER THE GOLD RUSH ......

Back