Quad LP/Tape Poll Gates, David: Never Let Her Go [CD-4/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Never Let Her Go"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
David's second Elektra album, from 1975, EQ-1028.

Side 1:

1. Never Let Her Go
2. Angel
3. Playin' On My Guitar
4. Watch Out
5. Part Time Love

Side 2:

1. Chain Me
2. Light Of My Life
3. Someday
4. Greener Days
5. Strangers

ED :)

One of my favorite quad mixes (very descrete) and a great album. A definate 10 for me. :banana::banana::banana:

I have both the Q8 and CD4 and like them both. Bread and David Gates are some of my favorite Quads because of the music, mixes, and quality of the recordings.This album is very discrete and the CD 4 has eye opening Dynamic Range...as good as it gets on records...If the song Playing on my Guitar plays without distortion in the rear channels, it speaks well of the alignment of your CD 4 Cartridge (in my oinion). The album is a 9 for me!!!

An '8' here, a very fine mix. I don't believe Gates' solo work was up to his Bread standards, although the best of it would certainly have made the cut for those albums.

ED :)

I believe Gates was the most talented of the Bread Group and his solos were their best songs..In this paticular album I give it a 9......Great dynamic range and an example of the great quality that CD-4 can achieve in the rear channels!!

Back