• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Gather 'round all ye members for a moment

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Laird_Williams

...not to mention that it might be nice if the artists were to see SOME benefit from the re-release of their work - even if it is sometimes only a pittance...

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hmmm. I guess they're OK. Just mention their origin. I have no way of determining their legitimacy. Stuff from that area of the world is very hard to verify. Even some of the SACDs I've seen are, well, SACDs, but are they 100% legit? Well, they're listed over at sa-cd.net, right?

Just use good judgement and we'll leave it at that.
Maybe not for much longer, they're shutting up shop apparently..

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Juan Mo Time:

You cannot say "Beatles Sgt Pepper DVD-A" because there is no such thing

You can say "Sgt Pepper comes out great with the Surround Master", or
"I heard Sgt Pepper after it went through the Surround Master", or
"DKA's upmix of Sgt Pepper is awesome"

You cannot say "I downloaded an upmix of Sgt Pepper by DKA", or
"I got a DVD-A of DKA's upmix", or "I got a copy of DKA's upmix of Sgt Pepper from a torrent".

Just talk about the upmix, do not say where it came from or how you got it.

That's about as simple as I can make it.

If you did it yourself, you can describe how you did it, what equipment you used, what source, anything you want if you did it yourself.

If someone else did it, just say you heard it. We don't need to know how.

AND one more thing, do not post pictures of bootleg CD's or DVD-A's.

OK? [ALL MODERATORS PLEASE TAKE NOTE]
I think this makes it perfectly clear!

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
the only upmixes I like are the ones done in official releases, I don't bother with any other kind.
I do NOT purchase bootlegs (I used to , but that was a long time ago) nor encourage people to do so (I have a workmate who used to SELL Bootlegs and buys quite a few....sorry, but that don't work for me...if he wants to shell out big bucks for non official recordings , that is HIS business)

mlrocker

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
This Yamaha RX amp/receiver has an upmix setting (stereo to 5.1) on it so I can listen to an upmix of anything. It do sound perty darn good!:mad:@: