SPOTLIGHT Gene Clark "No Other" (New 5.1 surround mix on Blu-Ray and SACD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fortunate to see Neil last year while on tour. We had some incredible coffee, a lovely conversation, a nice meal, and he played me some of the mixes from this. I wasn't familiar with the album and I loved it. Really adventurous and featuring some incredible playing.
Nice to see your words Neil! Hello!

Great to hear from you, Neil. You mention that there ‘should’ be a standalone Blu-ray release. Many of us totally agree. The question is will there be one? Do you know that a standalone Blu-ray release is planned?

I have a feeling, KID, that eventually a stand alone BD~A will materialize as it did for the previous pricey 4AD boxset of the Pixies. From that set, DOOLITTLE was actually remixed and released as a stand alone BD~A for $19.98!

See the source image

BTW, Both the BD~As of Doolittle and 4AD's BD~A of LOVE and ROCKETS are now OOP which might bode well for Gene Clark's NO OTHER should it eventually be released as a stand alone BD~A!

Last edited:
I have a feeling, KID, that eventually a stand alone BD~A will materialize as it did for the previous pricey 4AD boxset of the Pixies. From that set, DOOLITTLE was actually remixed and released as a stand alone BD~A for $19.98!

See the source image

BTW, Both the BD~As of Doolittle and 4AD's BD~A of LOVE and ROCKETS are now OOP which might bode well for Gene Clark's NO OTHER should it eventually be released as a stand alone BD~A!
Hope you're right, 4Ear, as I missed out on the Doolittle standalone!!!!

I cannot say.........but for those who want the box set, don't hang around as they are going fast.....
Shame its in a mixed format box I have had a rule for a few years now not to buy these because I basically don't want or need the vinyl.

Put this one down as a lost sale.

I would buy this outside of a box in an instant

I understand the no vinyl thing but there are certainly people who are bemoaning the opposite.
IMO, vinyl-only folks are paying for a lot more content they won't use than vice versa.
This set is unusually rich in hi-res & mch content.
Expensive? Yup. A true Super Deluxe Edition?
Absolutely.

I understand the no vinyl thing but there are certainly people who are bemoaning the opposite.
IMO, vinyl-only folks are paying for a lot more content they won't use than vice versa.
This set is unusually rich in hi-res & mch content.
Expensive? Yup. A true Super Deluxe Edition?
Absolutely.

I hate to keep stroking myself....LMAO! So to speak...but this is win win for me. I love the opportunity to spin some vinyl, and I get the hi-res, mch content. Oh, and an opportunity to get some awesome music, in a version I never thought would be brought to light.

All for the price of a couple tanks of gas and a great bottle of Cabernet. :LB
Last I checked, those 2 tanks of gas will go away in 3 weeks....and I'll drink the Cabernet....so.....

Well, think of all the people who want vinyl and are complaining about the "extra" multi-channels / CDs.

Unless you want to save it complete, wait a while and off-load the vinyl for a good penny!

I like the fact that you get TWO hi-res discs with the 5.1 mix... I’m thinking of keeping the SACD and reselling the remainder of the set (which will still have the 5.1 on blu-ray)... can’t wait for this😁

I hate to keep stroking myself....LMAO! So to speak...but this is win win for me. I love the opportunity to spin some vinyl, and I get the hi-res, mch content. Oh, and an opportunity to get some awesome music, in a version I never thought would be brought to light.

All for the price of a couple tanks of gas and a great bottle of Cabernet. :LB
Last I checked, those 2 tanks of gas will go away in 3 weeks....and I'll drink the Cabernet....so.....
Before you get too carried away with um yourself, remember I pre-ordered before you did :p
J\K, GOS. I love your uh enthusiasm.
Personally I prefer a nice Pinot Noir or Gamay Beaujolais or Citron & Soda

Listening though a bunch of Gene Clark songs tonite.
With the original Byrds & the 1973 Byrds album, highly under-rated imo.
Maybe I'm nuts but in many ways Clark reminds me of Alex Clinton.
Totally unrelated music genres but their songs have a similiar feel to me, defying\expanding the genre they're playing within.
Post fueled by Citron & Club Soda + Sativa

Kudos to you who ordered direct, you deserve early delivery.

Impressions after listening to The Byrds 1973 album Byrds twice, much maligned by the critics, sold poorly.
I bought the original vinyl as I was collecting everything Byrds at the time, 16yo.

Upon revisiting, if you are a Gene Clark fan this album has some gems, actually the only ones on the recording, imo.
Credit has to be given to The Byrds, impeccable harmonizers, arrangers & musicians.
The inclusion of Gene Clark in The Byrds was a stroke of genious that made that band complete & unique.
The cd is a bit hard to find but worth it to me.
My 2 cents

Kudos to you who ordered direct, you deserve early delivery.

Impressions after listening to The Byrds 1973 album Byrds twice, much maligned by the critics, sold poorly.
I bought the original vinyl as I was collecting everything Byrds at the time, 16yo.

Upon revisiting, if you are a Gene Clark fan this album has some gems, actually the only ones on the recording, imo.
Credit has to be given to The Byrds, impeccable harmonizers, arrangers & musicians.
The inclusion of Gene Clark in The Byrds was a stroke of genious that made that band complete & unique.
The cd is a bit hard to find but worth it to me.
My 2 cents

If you don't already have it, Milt, you also might want to consider this wonderful audiophile Stereo SACD from Intervention Records [also available in custom vinyl]:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Light-...=music&sprefix=Gene+Clark+sacd,aps,137&sr=1-1
61tW1hwccQL._SL1438_.jpg

Back