SPOTLIGHT Gene Clark "No Other" (New 5.1 surround mix on Blu-Ray and SACD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my copy of the Box Set this morning, as we all met up at tomorrow's London Launch venue to check the DCP's (no nasty surprises wanted tomorrow at all).
The set looks fantastic, it really does and the content is superb.
There is the Blu-ray (titled "Blu Raven" in the box) with everything, 3 Hybrid SACD with one having the 5.1 mix and the 2019 remastered original in HRA and RedBook (the other 2 SACD are also hybrids but stereo only - 4AD wanted to give buyers everything in HRA and not just the usual CD's you get with most main labels so 10/10 for that as the SACD fans have those & the PCM fans have the Blu-ray, which does have additional content not available elsewhere. Also included is the vinyl (silver in the box) of the 2019 remaster plus a repro of the 7" single and a beautifully done book.
See here for a complete listing.

Just listened to the complete album [with bonus cuts] on you tube and really love the album but can't bring myself to spring for the whole enchilada. Due to its LIMITED SUPPLY status [both AmazonUS/Bullmoose show it as 'unavailable'], I'm really hoping to satisfy my Gene Clark fix with a 4AD stand alone BD~A 5.1 release at some future date.

Deep Discount is still accepting orders and is still offering their 10% off discount [coupon code: MISTLETOE] https://www.deepdiscount.com/no-other/191400007109

BTW, only the original album which is comprised of 8 tracks is remixed into 5.1.

BTW, only the original album which is comprised of 8 tracks is remixed into 5.1.

That is correct - if we were to try & do the sessions tracks into 5.1 we would still be at it I think.
The sessions tracks are derived from the 16-track recording sessions and are the "live" takes - there were over 20 reels of these, with the 24-track masters being the overdubbed versions.

If anyone is in London tonight, and fancies attending the playback event, please get in touch with me ASAP.
There are a few places available - it is at Everyman Cinema, Kings Cross Handyside Street

(The clock runs out at mid day my time, so one hour from now)

Last edited:
I'm going to opt for the single RBCD

81L0F40CvUL._SL1500_.jpg

Whoo Hoo, just got my dispatch email from Amazon UK.

Let's hope this box sells out so more releases will be considered.

Mine has made it to St Louis early this morning! I live 3 hours north, so surely I’ll get it before end of Saturday!!???

But, I know USPS doesn’t always take a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had an email from 4AD and my copy will arrive tomorrow before 3pm :LBhowever I'll be packing for a business trip so I might get some time this weekend, if not it'll be next weekend but I'm away the week after that as well (but I will be going to a Steve Hackett gig in Bath), so maybe the one after that :eek:

I've just had an email from 4AD and my copy will arrive tomorrow before 3pm :LBhowever I'll be packing for a business trip so I might get some time this weekend, if not it'll be next weekend but I'm away the week after that as well (but I will be going to a Steve Hackett gig in Bath), so maybe the one after that :eek:

So by the time you finally get around to spinning it, Dunc, the 4AD $20 stand alone disc will be released! Well at least no grass grows under your feet. Hope you thoroughly enjoy the Steve Hackett gig. I just ordered his 4 disc set "Genesis Revisited Band and Orchestra Live."

My "No Other" Box Set just turned up, and it is a thing of beauty. I may get to listen to it sooner :SG rather than later, as so far nobody has signed off my business travel and soon the flights will have become fully booked! :rolleyes: and by the way the 5.1 SACD is packaged in a cardboard mini-LP sleeve I'd say it would be easy for 4AD to do a stand alone release.

My "No Other" Box Set just turned up, and it is a thing of beauty. I may get to listen to it sooner :SG rather than later, as so far nobody has signed off my business travel and soon the flights will have become fully booked! :rolleyes: and by the way the 5.1 SACD is packaged in a cardboard mini-LP sleeve I'd say it would be easy for 4AD to do a stand alone release.
They have made a really good job of it, that is for sure.

Full and thorough review anticipated, Duncan. Just received my KC In the Court of the Crimson King 3cd/BD~A set today and wisely, they included the entire content of the 3 RBCDs on the BD~A as well as the new SW 5.1 remix.

Full and thorough review anticipated, Duncan. Just received my KC In the Court of the Crimson King 3cd/BD~A set today and wisely, they included the entire content of the 3 RBCDs on the BD~A as well as the new SW 5.1 remix.
My business trip flights, hotels etc. got signed off, so my review will have to wait, but its going to be warmer & sunnier than the UK :cool:, but :eek: I'll be stuck in meetings during the day!

Back