SPOTLIGHT Gene Clark "No Other" (New 5.1 surround mix on Blu-Ray and SACD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an email today informing me that my replacement cardboard and paper packaging for No Other has been shipped.
Good news! Whom did you contact? Deepdiscount offered me a (not so) deep discount instead of a new box. Oh, and vote if you are so inclined--there are nine votes so far; one more and the poll makes the cut!

IMG_2540.JPG

It's probably been remarked upon already--I'm not really a Gene Clark fan and I haven't taken the time to read back through the ten+ pages of this thread--but I only just learned about what Steely Dan fans refer to as the "Dangentiality" of this album, namely: the early connection of producer Thomas Jefferson Kaye to Becker & Fagen and Gary Katz.

I thought I'd share this here.
I got going down this Gene Clark/ Byrd's rabbit hole the other day on YouTube. This video came up as a recommendation. I didn't know what it was & almost just blew it off. But I decided to watch it & it turned out to be pretty impressive with some great performances. The better the sound system you listen to this on, the better the results.
I'm curious if anybody else ever saw or heard about this?
Let me know what you think of it.
'No Other' truly was a great album ☺️

Last edited:
I thought I'd share this here.
I got going down this Gene Clark/ Byrd's rabbit hole the other day on YouTube. This video came up as a recommendation. I didn't know what it was & almost just blew it off. But I decided to watch it & it turned out to be pretty impressive with some great performances. The better the sound system you listen to this on, the better the results.
I'm curious if anybody else ever saw or heard about this?
Let me know what you think of it.
'No Other' truly was a great album ☺

Thanks for the link; I can’t love your post enough!

I know the performance - when we started on this one I had never heard the original before, and believe me it grew & grew & grew even more.
It took a long time to complete (for reasons I will not go into, but nothing to do with the material or the label who were fantastic throughout the project, and the Project Manager is one of the nicest people I have ever met in this game too) but so did the original too.

I am just very happy it was so well received by everyone.

Back