DVD/DTS Poll Genesis - Live [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Genesis- LIVE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments on Genesis - Live (DTS2496 & Dolby 5.1)(y)(n)

Attachments

• Genesis_Live.jpg
    Genesis_Live.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
-1 for being lossy (but still DTS 96/24)
A dream come true!

What is it with them chopping out the spoken intros???
Part of the fun was the guy in the audience yelling "THE KNIIIIFE!!" and PG's announcement ..and the crowd going wild!!!
Also welcome is the bonus material included in this disc with some songs of "The Lamb" live....

Can't find this. Is it part of a set?

Yes, it's part of this set: https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-1973-2007-Live/release/3207123
All of the 5.1 DVDs listed are exclusive to this set, and there's three of them:

-Genesis Live (1973 live album with bonus selections from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 74-75 tour)
-Seconds Out (1977 live album recorded during the 76 and 77 tours)
-Live at the Rainbow 1973 (A new live album recorded during a 73 live performance)

Almost gave this an 8. I think I'm annoyed that there are only still images. I guess I wish I could watch the show.
But the sonics... Holy SHIT, homey. You gotta here this.
At moments it's like you're there. At others it's a bit more discrete than that.

I love the bonus "Lamb" stuff at the end.

Almost gave this an 8. I think I'm annoyed that there are only still images. I guess I wish I could watch the show.
But the sonics... Holy SHIT, homey. You gotta here this.
At moments it's like you're there. At others it's a bit more discrete than that.

I love the bonus "Lamb" stuff at the end.

This is the only one I haven't picked up yet.

These Genesis remixes are just about the most frustrating thing I've ever listened to!
Extremely well mixed. Great use of surround. Details and fidelity revealed like never before. (And that's with owning the Classic Records remasters of the original mixes made some years ago.) But the Tony Banks reinventing the band without Steve Hackett business is just fucking appalling! :( Most upset I've ever been trying to listen to something.

I'll likely torture myself at some point with this one too. How low is the electric guitar mixed in this one?

"How low is the guitar mixed?" I asked...

Your swearing vocabulary goes up with every song! Shockingly insulting treatment of Steve Hackett here. Just absolutely shocking. I'm honestly surprised the guitar was left in the mix at all. It's quite a distraction to have buried guitar solos presented like this.

So once again the mix work on this is over the top fantastic! Absolutely great work revealing details that the original mixes barely hinted at. (That is, the mix elements allowed to be presented here anyway!) So an incredibly frustrating listening experience for any fan of the original and/or Steve Hackett as a member of the band. However, as with all the other Genesis remixes, this has been abused badly in mastering. The same cookie cutter approach usually used on mp3 or CD releases of squashing with a limiter and boosting up blinding levels of high end eq. The front L,R tracks are limited and blinded. The C channel (which is mostly lead vocals) was limited separately (or in an unlinked way) and it boosted the vocals up way on top of the mix. (So not even a consistent actual linked 5.1 limiting!) The mix has the mark of expert work while the mastering it was subjected to has the mark of a short term studio intern. And the low guitar parts (which were obviously worked on properly at one point) have the mark of an engineer being ordered to turn them down!

These Lamb excerpts for bonus tracks on the end are really eyebrow raising! Spoiler: These include some of the most insulting buried guitar solos on the whole package! But that aside for a moment. These mixes are both stunning sounding and shockingly honest! I haven't gone digging through bootlegs and compared everything yet but I assume this is all from the single Lamb show they had multitracked. So... "shockingly honest" compared to that heavily sliced and diced CD-only production with vocal overdubs from now much older Peter Gabriel and the new guitar solos and all the slicing up that rendered that release unlistenable. (Curiously that release has the guitar mixed properly. Erm, the new guitar overdubs anyway.)

My guess is they were only comfortable releasing these 4 songs without all the overdubs or something. The entire show produced like this (any worts and all) would be to die for.

Biggest challenge so far for the 'Anti high end assault and guitar rescue remaster' series!

"How low is the guitar mixed?" I asked...

Your swearing vocabulary goes up with every song! Shockingly insulting treatment of Steve Hackett here. Just absolutely shocking. I'm honestly surprised the guitar was left in the mix at all. It's quite a distraction to have buried guitar solos presented like this.

So once again the mix work on this is over the top fantastic! Absolutely great work revealing details that the original mixes barely hinted at. (That is, the mix elements allowed to be presented here anyway!) So an incredibly frustrating listening experience for any fan of the original and/or Steve Hackett as a member of the band. However, as with all the other Genesis remixes, this has been abused badly in mastering. The same cookie cutter approach usually used on mp3 or CD releases of squashing with a limiter and boosting up blinding levels of high end eq. The front L,R tracks are limited and blinded. The C channel (which is mostly lead vocals) was limited separately (or in an unlinked way) and it boosted the vocals up way on top of the mix. (So not even a consistent actual linked 5.1 limiting!) The mix has the mark of expert work while the mastering it was subjected to has the mark of a short term studio intern. And the low guitar parts (which were obviously worked on properly at one point) have the mark of an engineer being ordered to turn them down!

These Lamb excerpts for bonus tracks on the end are really eyebrow raising! Spoiler: These include some of the most insulting buried guitar solos on the whole package! But that aside for a moment. These mixes are both stunning sounding and shockingly honest! I haven't gone digging through bootlegs and compared everything yet but I assume this is all from the single Lamb show they had multitracked. So... "shockingly honest" compared to that heavily sliced and diced CD-only production with vocal overdubs from now much older Peter Gabriel and the new guitar solos and all the slicing up that rendered that release unlistenable. (Curiously that release has the guitar mixed properly. Erm, the new guitar overdubs anyway.)

My guess is they were only comfortable releasing these 4 songs without all the overdubs or something. The entire show produced like this (any worts and all) would be to die for.

Biggest challenge so far for the 'Anti high end assault and guitar rescue remaster' series!

Sir, I'm interested in the pro-Hackett remixes or remasterings of some MC Genesis albums. Though I like the official material, I'd love to hear the reinterpretations if somebody can PM me.

Back