Genesis & Phil Collins sell their back catalogue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what agreements or stipulations if any are in place we may not know about that inform what music can be put out. They presumably have all of those live recordings on The Farm. I'm aware the Farm was sold or something I can to that but there is reportedly some agreement in it where the person taking over had to allow them to store their tapes there. I've heard on other forums people complain they don't want to listen since they're not going to be multitracked. Well I've seen some very talented fans and I'm sure some of them are either excellent semi-pro or pro with the discussion of seeing and what they do with the boots. I'm hoping that even without multitrack since I'd be interested they might eventually revisit that idea of releasing some of their recording some earlier shows maybe this is a test of waters thing? That said I can't imagine this is for the audience that goes to see them for tonight tonight tonight and invisible touch, instead being more of a hardcore crowd. Who else is going to care about the earliest songs in some of these selections. As such it does seem to me besides unfortunate foolish to do these partial concerts on the BBC set. My understanding from past comments and interviews was that when they were compiling archives 1 they could have put out more early songs that just didn't feel they were up to snuff. I know they don't have all of them in their possession nor is it clear which ones exactly but I believe they were a handful that don't exist otherwise I would have hoped they put out some point in my lifetime. Well let's hope it's not just a million commercials with their top songs and possibly just possibly maybe they'd like to make some money for the hardcore fans that supported them for the decades by putting out some releases catered to them. I assume even if it wasn't going to be a big seller that could have sufficiently motivated do some sort of made-on-demand thing. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on what you think will happen with that in particular but also in general with the catalog being sold. I hope it's yet not another pointless compilation studio album tracks.

As I am an old time Genesis fan, but only from the Gabriel/Hackett era, it has drawn my attention that:

"" ... Concord's deal does not cover contributions from Gabriel and another former member, Steve Hackett

"" ... Concord President Bob Valentine said the company would introduce the songs to a new generation of fans.

So I assume that 'old' generation of fans deserve the 'best' music that will eventually be more valuable.

Back