Genesis - The Last Domino? 2020 Tour!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Infomas

Sadly, no. In a couple of shots in that video it also looks like there are two backup singers. That would be a first for Genesis.
Backup singers? Wow. At this point I'd rather see The Musical Box in concert. :)

And a sad time for rock drummers. I believe Bruford isn't playing anymore and Neil is, of course, gone.

Hemel Pike

The last time I saw this line-up of Genesis was 1978 at the Knebworth Festival, they were great (and the BBC broadcast the gig a week later in Matrix HJ), I took my younger brother. He texted me in last week (when I was in Austin, Texas) to see if I was interested in going. The tickets sold out incredibly quickly, and he didn't get any. When I got back from the USA we had a phone chat and came to the conclusion that although the gig would be excellent, we would be sitting too far away for older eyes to see properly! and that if Steve Hackett and/or Peter Gabriel were going to have been joining for the gigs it would have been a no brainer, and we'd want tickets what ever the price. So even if more dates are announced we won't be going, though his wife really wants to, so he may be!
The BBC recorded the show and a week later (1st July 1978) broadcast some of the show in quadraphonic on the fifth anniversary of Alan Freeman's "Saturday Afternoon Show" between 4:00pm and 5:30pm.

I recorded the show onto C90 cassette!

The first time I saw Genesis was at Milton Keynes Bowl on October 2, 1982,

Genesis took the stage in a terrible rainstorm.

Peter Gabriel was carried onto the stage in a coffin.

As they kicked into the beginning of “Back in N.Y.C.” he emerged from the coffin dressed as Rael, the central character from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The band shined all the stage lights onto the audience, and you could see and hear sixty thousand very wet, cold and bedraggled people cheer!

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The BBC recorded the show and a week later (1st July 1978) broadcast some of the show in quadraphonic on the fifth anniversary of Alan Freeman's "Saturday Afternoon Show" between 4:00pm and 5:30pm.

As they kicked into the beginning of “Back in N.Y.C.” he emerged from the coffin dressed as Rael, the central character from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The band shined all the stage lights onto the audience, and you could see and hear sixty thousand very wet, cold and bedraggled people cheer!
I recorded it onto my Akai Reel-to-Reel, but there was a nearby Air open day and mid way through a few electrically unsuppressed 2nd world war planes flew over my parents house, so I got some very noisy bursts appear in the recording, I used some 'choice words' at the time! I still have the tape.

Infomas

Wow! You were at that show. The one and only reunion show. I heard Peter played drums that night as well.

Hemel Pike

Wow! You were at that show. The one and only reunion show. I heard Peter played drums that night as well.
I cannot honestly remember Peter Gabriel playing the drums...but below is a very good article written by the Telegraph Newspaper looking back at the concert....

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
I hope to be in Charlotte, NC later this year!
Can't wait!

:)

onthewall2983

I'm guessing the backup singers are necessary more because Mike, Daryl and Tony's voices (not natural singers to begin with) aren't up to it anymore

wrat

skippin fla again which is ok since it looks like tix are insane over $200 for nosebleeds, did get to see them back in 92 so

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Is Chester Thompson invited ? Does not appear so -
Nope, he and Phil had a major falling out in 2010 and haven't spoken to each other since then.
Doesn't matter all that much to me though. Nic has been doing a fine job and will continue to do so.