Genesis - The Last Domino? 2020 Tour!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
UK dates at Genesis
An article about the tour: Genesis announce 2020 reunion tour

sHAGWN9yPzH8gmsx2EiqvP-970-80.jpg

xKE7MKLeLQzukXePzQJHQ4-1024-80.jpg

genesis-reunion-announcement.jpg

_111121075_9b58cd24-46a8-41e9-90d3-d89fa4061c30.jpg

ESQNBbTWoAAIOWP

Last edited:
I'm really glad I saw them on the last tour. Certainly wouldn't pay to now. Interesting that 2007 was, for me, the year I saw both Genesis and Rush for the first and last time.

From NewsBiscuit.com:

COBRA to meet as terror grips nation over Genesis reunion

Following the news that one time Prog rock supergroup Genesis is to reform it has been announced that Boris Johnson is holding an emergency meeting of COBRA as fears grow that it might only be the tip of the iceberg.

Prog Rock was thought to be all but eradicated with the emergence of punk in the late 1970s with bands like Focus and ELP banished from the airwaves and concert venues around the world.

An ashen-faced Boris Johnson said, “Although we do not wish to alarm the general public, nevertheless we must take immediate and decisive action now to put contingency plans in place in case this worrying threat spreads.”

These measure include 2 week isolation for anyone who hears a strain of Phil Collins singing ‘Invisible Touch’ on Magic FM. A ban on the wearing of stone-washed jeans with white trainers has also come in with immediate effect.

Meanwhile there have been appeals for people not to heed rumours circulating on social media, suggesting Rick Wakeman has already hired a fifty piece concert orchestra and is planning to revive his solo concept album, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table on ice and performing it at the O2 Arena as soon as next month.

The public is being told to be vigilant and has been asked to inform authorities if anyone is heard playing Tales from Topographic Oceans or anything whatsoever by Van der Graaf Generator.

Mr Johnson cautioned against people being a have-a-go-hero. “Under no circumstances should members of the public approach these proggies with their own ghetto blasters blaring Nevermind The Bollocks at high volume.”

:ROFLMAO: :p

I saw Steve Hackett and his band perform "Selling England By the Pound" in its entirety two nights ago. It was fantastic and made me very happy! For those who like post-Wind and Wuthering Genesis, I hope you have an equally good time at the reunion shows. But you won't find me there, even if the tour come to the U.S.

The last time I saw this line-up of Genesis was 1978 at the Knebworth Festival, they were great (and the BBC broadcast the gig a week later in Matrix HJ), I took my younger brother. He texted me in last week (when I was in Austin, Texas) to see if I was interested in going. The tickets sold out incredibly quickly, and he didn't get any. When I got back from the USA we had a phone chat and came to the conclusion that although the gig would be excellent, we would be sitting too far away for older eyes to see properly! and that if Steve Hackett and/or Peter Gabriel were going to have been joining for the gigs it would have been a no brainer, and we'd want tickets what ever the price. So even if more dates are announced we won't be going, though his wife really wants to, so he may be!

From NewsBiscuit.com:

COBRA to meet as terror grips nation over Genesis reunion

Following the news that one time Prog rock supergroup Genesis is to reform it has been announced that Boris Johnson is holding an emergency meeting of COBRA as fears grow that it might only be the tip of the iceberg.

Prog Rock was thought to be all but eradicated with the emergence of punk in the late 1970s with bands like Focus and ELP banished from the airwaves and concert venues around the world.

An ashen-faced Boris Johnson said, “Although we do not wish to alarm the general public, nevertheless we must take immediate and decisive action now to put contingency plans in place in case this worrying threat spreads.”

These measure include 2 week isolation for anyone who hears a strain of Phil Collins singing ‘Invisible Touch’ on Magic FM. A ban on the wearing of stone-washed jeans with white trainers has also come in with immediate effect.

Meanwhile there have been appeals for people not to heed rumours circulating on social media, suggesting Rick Wakeman has already hired a fifty piece concert orchestra and is planning to revive his solo concept album, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table on ice and performing it at the O2 Arena as soon as next month.

The public is being told to be vigilant and has been asked to inform authorities if anyone is heard playing Tales from Topographic Oceans or anything whatsoever by Van der Graaf Generator.

Mr Johnson cautioned against people being a have-a-go-hero. “Under no circumstances should members of the public approach these proggies with their own ghetto blasters blaring Nevermind The Bollocks at high volume.”

:ROFLMAO: :p
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope my bro and me get to see them in late Nov this year at the O2 London.
A right bugger trying to get tickets on pre-sale day....I was mashing them keys for ages.
Finally got two….although sitting up in the gods!!!
One of the bands to see on my bucket list.

I hope and pray that this terrible virus is soon stopped in it's tracks and people can get back to living their lives.

I hope my bro and me get to see them in late Nov this year at the O2 London.
A right bugger trying to get tickets on pre-sale day....I was mashing them keys for ages.
Finally got two….although sitting up in the gods!!!
One of the bands to see on my bucket list.

I hope and pray that this terrible virus is soon stopped in it's tracks and people can get back to living their lives.
While you are up there sitting with the Gods please ask them if there will be room for me someday ?

Back