Genesis - The Last Domino? 2020 Tour!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I saw this line-up of Genesis was 1978 at the Knebworth Festival, they were great (and the BBC broadcast the gig a week later in Matrix HJ), I took my younger brother. He texted me in last week (when I was in Austin, Texas) to see if I was interested in going. The tickets sold out incredibly quickly, and he didn't get any. When I got back from the USA we had a phone chat and came to the conclusion that although the gig would be excellent, we would be sitting too far away for older eyes to see properly! and that if Steve Hackett and/or Peter Gabriel were going to have been joining for the gigs it would have been a no brainer, and we'd want tickets what ever the price. So even if more dates are announced we won't be going, though his wife really wants to, so he may be!

The BBC recorded the show and a week later (1st July 1978) broadcast some of the show in quadraphonic on the fifth anniversary of Alan Freeman's "Saturday Afternoon Show" between 4:00pm and 5:30pm.

I recorded the show onto C90 cassette!

The first time I saw Genesis was at Milton Keynes Bowl on October 2, 1982,

Genesis took the stage in a terrible rainstorm.

Peter Gabriel was carried onto the stage in a coffin.

As they kicked into the beginning of “Back in N.Y.C.” he emerged from the coffin dressed as Rael, the central character from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The band shined all the stage lights onto the audience, and you could see and hear sixty thousand very wet, cold and bedraggled people cheer!

The BBC recorded the show and a week later (1st July 1978) broadcast some of the show in quadraphonic on the fifth anniversary of Alan Freeman's "Saturday Afternoon Show" between 4:00pm and 5:30pm.

As they kicked into the beginning of “Back in N.Y.C.” he emerged from the coffin dressed as Rael, the central character from the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

The band shined all the stage lights onto the audience, and you could see and hear sixty thousand very wet, cold and bedraggled people cheer!
I recorded it onto my Akai Reel-to-Reel, but there was a nearby Air open day and mid way through a few electrically unsuppressed 2nd world war planes flew over my parents house, so I got some very noisy bursts appear in the recording, I used some 'choice words' at the time! I still have the tape.

1611514066090.png

Wow! You were at that show. The one and only reunion show. I heard Peter played drums that night as well.

I'm guessing the backup singers are necessary more because Mike, Daryl and Tony's voices (not natural singers to begin with) aren't up to it anymore

skippin fla again which is ok since it looks like tix are insane over $200 for nosebleeds, did get to see them back in 92 so

Back