Genesis - The Last Domino? 2020 Tour!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, as mentioned earlier Phil Collins is not drumming anymore in the band. But I don't think it's been said it is his son,Nic, taking over for him. Interesting article from Nic's POV:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxd...genesis-when-your-dad-is-phil-collins-son-nic
well, at least his son does not have the TERRIBLE posture his Dad had while playing drums which is the reason why he can't play today... even Bill Bruford improved his posture with the years (see him in Yes and then in 80s KCrimson); most modern PRO drummers have great posture ... like me!

Last night in London was the last show of the tour....and as Phil said, the last Genesis concert. "After tonight, we've all got to get real jobs".

Although he did not perform with the band, Peter Gabriel came out to see his old pals take their final bow.

FO0k0sIWYAEaoGA.jpg

Genesis-O2260322-38-of-42.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if anyone has already posted about these, but I just finished watching the final installment of a series of interviews with Hackett, Gabriel, Banks, Rutherford, and Collins done in 2014. The videos are unedited "rushes" from just one of three cameras, so both sound and framing (though not video quality, per se) are a bit rough. Fascinating conversations, though, and interesting to see the personalities and watch the dynamics. Two hours, altogether, covering the band's beginnings through (roughly) Duke.

This is the fourth installment; links to the first three are in the comments:

Back