Genesis - When In Rome 2007

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
This is a concert recording from the most recent tour.

Beautifully filmed on a mammoth stage in Italy with a DTS (768kbps) and Dolby 5.1 mix by Nick Davis. Oh yeah, stereo is included as well. This is much more than a band in the front/crowd in the back mix. There is a full mix in back with the crowd. Not as discrete as the studio albums but it sounds incredible. Really nice bass as well. The Moog Taurus bass pedals really give a nice workout to the sub.

A highlight for me is "Conversations With 2 Stools", the drum solo with Phil and Chester, which starts on 2 stools and builds into a blistering "Los Endos".

The songlist is pretty good though I could have done without "Hold On My Heart", "Throwing It All Away" and "Invisible Touch" (which if I never hear again will be too soon). "Ripples" is beautiful here as is "Carpet Crawlers".

The video is 16x9 and the discs are authored so that at the start of each track Duke shows up at the top left at which point you can hit your enter key to go to a special documentary segment based on the track at hand. You can also watch the documentaries separately.

I bought mine at Walmart which had an "exclusive" 3 disc set that includes an extra documentary called "Come Rain Or Shine" which I believe has also been shown on VH1 Classic. For $19.88 it was a great deal.

Well I'm off to transfer to a DVDA for the car....

Last edited:
I watched this last night as well on loan.

I was never a huge Genesis fan, but this concert was great.

Terrific sound on the dts track. I agree it's a good workout for the sub.

I might get my own copy on Blu.

This is a concert recording from the most recent tour.

Beautifully filmed on a mammoth stage in Italy with a DTS (768kbps) and Dolby 5.1 mix by Nick Davis. Oh yeah, stereo is included as well. This is much more than a band in the front/crowd in the back mix. There is a full mix in back with the crowd. Not as discrete as the studio albums but it sounds incredible. Really nice bass as well. The Moog Taurus bass pedals really give a nice workout to the sub.

A highlight for me is "Conversations With 2 Stools", the drum solo with Phil and Chester, which starts on 2 stools and builds into a blistering "Los Endos".

The songlist is pretty good though I could have done without "Hold On My Heart", "Throwing It All Away" and "Invisible Touch" (which if I never hear again will be too soon). "Ripples" is beautiful here as is "Carpet Crawlers".

The video is 16x9 and the discs are authored so that at the start of each track Duke shows up at the top left at which point you can hit your enter key to go to a special documentary segment based on the track at hand. You can also watch the documentaries separately.

I bought mine at Walmart which had an "exclusive" 3 disc set that includes an extra documentary called "Come Rain Or Shine" which I believe has also been shown on VH1 Classic. For $19.88 it was a great deal.

Well I'm off to transfer to a DVDA for the car....

Just finished watching Disc 1 tonight - fantastic concert DVD - excellent mix and great playing. Darryl Steurmer has always been an underrated guitar player and he shines in several spots. Thanks for the heads up on this - I never would have picked this up otherwise - the DTS sounds great and looks fantastic - upconverting to 1080P from my HD DVD player - don't need no Blu Ray.

I'm surprised this concert got so few comments and I think no poll in the forum. It's a good gig with solid surround presentation and nice visuals. Perhaps not the best Genesis song selection for the (almost) farewell tour, but a very enjoyable experience

I'm surprised this concert got so few comments and I think no poll in the forum. It's a good gig with solid surround presentation and nice visuals. Perhaps not the best Genesis song selection for the (almost) farewell tour, but a very enjoyable experience

Yes good surround and visuals! The documentary is also fun. Hope to see a DVD for the next and last tour if we can overcome this pandemic.

Back