Steven Wilson Gentle Giant "Interview" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos Remix out in June!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1KSJ6C8/
As predicted the next Gentle Giant remix from Steven Wilson is "Interview", out on June 16!

"Interview" was the eighth studio album of Gentle Giant and was released April 23rd, 1976. Stylistically it continued in the vein of their preceding album, "Free Hand" released the year before. "Interview" further displayed the eclectic and versatile nature of the band, from reggae influenced grooves to ethereal a cappella vocal passages and furiously complex rockers. Award winning producer and musician Steven Wilson has remixed "Interview" in Dolby Atmos and 5. 1 surround sound. Wilsons attention to detail and deep respect for the source material makes the album sound as fresh today as it did on first release. In addition, the original flat mix, original 1976 quad mix and an instrumental mix will all be included on a CD/Blu-ray. A vinyl album of the remix version of "Interview" will follow next year.

814-vuOcPQL._SL1500_.jpg

Pre ordered also.
But wait! This set is not priced at $80 and its available in the USA even though the group is English! I feel cheated.....

"Please note this is not allowed to be sold to US customers.”

Interesting. It’s almost like the next sentence could be, “And let’s not tell them about it either... it’ll just be our little secret.”

I had pre-ordered this already through Amazon US ($22.98), so I’m good.

I'm glad they're shipping that spiffy Pineapple Thief across the pond and Moody Blues to our children's children children. 🙂 As for interview, I ordered through Amazon. That kinda effy, what's up with that?

IMHO, oversharpening contours creating white halos artifacts and overexpose white is not a good "Remaster" for video. Not for my taste.

I prefer a more natural look:

But the audio is OK, although this album was already extremely well recorded and originally mixed, it does not need a new Stereo Mix. A Surround Mix is enough.

"The Missing Piece" is the one which needs a Remix. The album was recorded at Relight Studios, Holland and mixed at Scorpio Sound, London. A departure from Advision Studios, London, where the previous albums was recorded. "The Missing Piece" fails sonically.

"The Missing Piece" is the one which needs a Remix. The album was recorded at Relight Studios, Holland and mixed at Scorpio Sound, London. A departure from Advision Studios, London, where the previous albums was recorded. "The Missing Piece" fails sonically.
The Missing Piece remix is a revelation. Can't wait until you can all listen to it!

Back