George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Plan9

600 Club - QQ All-Star
No, I was aware of a re-recording of the big hit. And I own a download (on my server drive) that I am pretty sure sound radically different than the Apple LP / Capitol CD.
The official 2010 or 2014 downloads are remasters of the original mix.
The 2001 edition was (pretty aggressively) remastered by Jon Astley. It contains bonus tracks that were rough mixes or re-recordings: George Harrison – All Things Must Pass (2001, CD) The album itself wasn't remixed.

admsh

The official 2010 or 2014 downloads are remasters of the original mix.
The 2001 edition was (pretty aggressively) remastered by Jon Astley. It contains bonus tracks that were rough mixes or re-recordings: George Harrison – All Things Must Pass (2001, CD) The album itself wasn't remixed.
Listening to "I Live for You" gives us a pretty good idea of what's possible in terms of sound for this new remixed version. Even though most of the instruments were overdubbed for this, the original bits sound marvelous. I hope the entire album will be up to par with this now.

Quad Linda

Staff member

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Mike, probably still ImportCD

Yeah, I'm seeing ~$111 before tax. Hopefully free shipping? That's still steep, IMO, but there are ways to make it more reasonable...

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I actually got mine from uDiscover for $119.52 shipped. That was due to a 25% discount at that time. I assume that has expired by now.