George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to order the uber deluxe box, but udiscovermusic is telling me I already used their coupon. I can't recall using it in the past, but it's possible I did. They want $1300 including shipping to send it out to California, but with the coupon it's supposedly like $800. This is BY FAR the most expensive box I've ever seen for what you get.

the variety article from yesterday said they were plastic, but it could be that only the promo versions are plastic.
In either case, I really want that extra book! :smokin

The Variety article does indeed say plastic, and the gnomes in Variety photo look very much like those in the photo of the box set. So perhaps they are indeed plastic done up to look like pewter. Plastic would be kind of cheesy given the price of the set and the elegant wood box.

I tried to order the uber deluxe box, but udiscovermusic is telling me I already used their coupon. I can't recall using it in the past, but it's possible I did. They want $1300 including shipping to send it out to California, but with the coupon it's supposedly like $800. This is BY FAR the most expensive box I've ever seen for what you get.
Almost worth bitting on….I’ll need to think HARD about that price!!

Looks like the UBER BOX set isn’t enough $$ to be eligible for the 25% discount….this is the message I got

Looks like you didn’t reach the minimum order amount to use this discount. Please check the requirements and come back.

Now that’s BULLSHIT that you can put around the gnomes

I’m already on their mailing list!!! What do I need to do by the CARS “UBER” set with a Tesla included to get this deal?

Last edited:
The album was NOT remixed in 2000. That version (with the coloured cover) was a remaster.
To be clear, Harrison said he wanted to remix the album at the time, but seeing as a lot of the reverb was printed to the multis, he didn't attempt it and opted instead for a (pretty bad) remaster.
Best-sounding version of this album is the (sadly not available anymore) Hi-Res download from 2010.
Are you absolutly sure that there was no remixing done (in 2000)? I recall Harrison's comments a bit differently. I recall him stating that he remixed some of the tracks and was very tempted to do them all, but used restraint. Then I heard a very different mix of "My Sweet Lord" and that convinced me that there was indeed some remixing going on.

Last edited:
Run of the Mill is already available in Atmos in Apple Music. And it's too late for me here to play it aloud. Please somebody play it for me and comment on the mix :cool:
Edit: I could not resist the temptation and played it at very low volume. And bad news, rears and heights seem to be a carbon copy of the fronts. It may sound fine at a decent volume, but forget about a discreet mix.

Run of the Mill is already available in Atmos in Apple Music. And it's too late for me here to play it aloud. Please somebody play it for me and comment on the mix :cool:
Edit: I could not resist the temptation and played it at very low volume. And bad news, rears and heights seem to be a carbon copy of the fronts. It may sound fine at a decent volume, but forget about a discreet mix.
[/

I ordered the Super Deluxe edition from Amazon and used a lot of gift cards. Looking forward to it
Ok where in Apple did you find it

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_234116_1.jpg
    IMG_20210610_234116_1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 48
Are you absolutly sure that there was no remixing done (in 2000)? I recall Harrison's comments a bit differently. I recall him stating that he remixed some of the tracks and was very tempted to do them all, but used restraint. Then I heard a very different mix of "My Sweet Lord" and that convinced me that there was indeed some remixing going on.

Was this what you heard? It is a re-recording

Just make a search for artist (George Harrison) and select ATMP album 50th anniversary. Click on play and it goes directly to the single
I'm actually surprised they're making this available, way before the physical release 🧐🤨

at least our little garden gnome will have some proper music to ho' by; his name is "The Little Hoer" :)

little hoer.jpg

I'm actually surprised they're making this available, way before the physical release 🧐🤨

at least our little garden gnome will have some proper music to ho' by; his name is "The Little Hoer" :)

View attachment 67927
Well, it's only the Run on the Mill single, also released today as a video. Although I would need to play it loud tomorrow, I'm so disappointed with the mix that I cancelled the pre-order. Although I love the album, price is too high for a CD sized box with what looks like a small booklet.
I'll wait and listen to the whole album on release date on Apple Music and then I may wait until a more decent price pops up somewhere.

Back