George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" (5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming soon!!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't read through all the posts, but early on there was discussion about removing 'reverb' from the mix. There is actually software now that can do that to an extent from folks like iZotope, SPL and others. None will make the audio 'bone dry', but they can reduce the amount - some quite significantly. That may be what Harrison was thinking of when he made his comments a few years back.

Didn't read through all the posts, but early on there was discussion about removing 'reverb' from the mix. There is actually software now that can do that to an extent from folks like iZotope, SPL and others. None will make the audio 'bone dry', but they can reduce the amount - some quite significantly. That may be what Harrison was thinking of when he made his comments a few years back.

A.K.A. Despectorizationware.

...Harrison’s Early Takes, Volume Only remains my most listened to archival release from the ex-Beatle archives and it has probably the least considered packaging possible. It’ll be an asterisk compared to two days’ studio demos, alternate takes, and a remix — that even if it may fall short (ditto ATMOS) — that gives my ears a fresh listen. But, man, what a short-sighted asterisk.

Are all the ATMP related tracks from the Early Takes cd included in the new box set?

This is definitely a sure buy for me .

Can't wait to hear this 5.1 album which for me , will be a first for George .
I don't really count that 2 SACD "Live In Japan" with Eric Clapton much of anything in surround.

And yes I do have it , fwiw.

BTW John Lennon considered the "All Things Must Past" album by George a great album by an overlooked Beatle.
He regretted not giving George more credit with Beatles albums and should have let George contibute more of his songs .

Attachments

• 20210719_094233.jpg
    20210719_094233.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back