Get Chronos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desmo888

Just watched Chronos in HD DVD, it is recorded with a DTS 5.1 sound track of spacey instrumentals and is a super cool flick. The whole thing is time laps photography of different places around the world and the people that inhabit them. Very relaxing and perfect for either napping, zoning out, or introspection.

Just watched Chronos in HD DVD, it is recorded with a DTS 5.1 sound track of spacey instrumentals and is a super cool flick. The whole thing is time laps photography of different places around the world and the people that inhabit them. Very relaxing and perfect for either napping, zoning out, or introspection.

I Love CHRONOS!

Had the laserdisc and then one of the first DVDs purchased. Seemed like a surround by default mix at that time. I copied that Michael Stearns soundtrack using analog outs to DAT and then re-sampled to 44.1 and have it in iTunes as 8-9 tracks I think.

Would you say that this is a very deliberate DTS 5.1 mix as opposed to a vague 4.0 mix ported over?

Gotta love those mid-1980's Synclavier pitch bend tricks... :smokin

I am not sure about the original score being multichannel; however, I would suspect that it is. The version I have is 5.1 discrete, DD+.

I love the section with the subway time-lapes over 8 hrs with the old guy that doesn't move from the corner of the room.

The choreography is fantastic, and yes, the bent sound is killer.

Back