Giancarlo Erra & friends and Nosound - some surround mixes coming!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So some time this year there will be a surround mix of an unexpected release, with the new (very good) line-up! Giancarlo sent me a link and I thought it was so good I seem to have persuaded him to do a surround mix - due to cost constraints the mix will be a surround FLAC only for purchasers of the physical album. I have only heard the rough stereo mix so far, but it is really dynamic sounding!

Then early next year there will be another really nice surround mix, which should come out as a CD & similar 'crude' DVD-A (like Departure Tapes). I have heard the final unmastered mix, and it sounds really good, loved the instrument placements, the mix really fits the music/album.

Other than that my lips are sealed......

PS: I did ask if I could leak this!

Ok, This is the surprise release, and I can now post the press release! :SG

This is a really dynamic recording, the band are on fire, and I did manage to persuade for a surround mix! I'm preparing the flacs for stereo & surround 24-bit/48kHz, and a stereo 320kps mp3. For cost reasons there will not be a DVD/BD, just flacs, so get your orders in now. :)
This Night (burningshed.com)

1635448846762.png
1635448887409.png

Last edited:
Although the This Night (Live In Veruno) album CD release has been delayed until the 26th November due to capacity issues at the manufacturer, I believe that the downloads will be available from Burning Shed prior to this (should still be the 19th?) for those who have pre-ordered. Earlier today I finished testing the stereo flac, surround flac and mp3 files I generated and sent them to Giancarlo. Included is a pdf booklet based on the CD digi-pak.

For once, I wish there was a way to purchase just the surround flacs, with no taxes, no shipping costs, nothing... Since Brexit I stopped buying from BurningShed, as custom taxes on top of the already high shipping costs make the UK based purchases financially unworthy.

The CD has been delayed again due to the manufacturer, but for those who have pre-ordered the mp3 and stereo & surround flac files are available to download - and with a pdf 'booklet'.

Has anybody heard the surround yet? I'd love to know your thoughts! Ordering mine now... :)

Back