Giancarlo Erra & Tim Bowness - Memories Of Machines CD/DVD-A/V with new stereo & 5.1 mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys as usual for your support! A second single has been released this week, Change Me Once Again, where I think the new sound of this release is even more evident.

I cant't wait you get your hands on the dvda and let me know your thoughts.

In the meantime as my leg slowly heals (kinda slowly walking now with the help of one crutch!), the work on new Nosound album is going on!

Thank you guys as usual for your support! A second single has been released this week, Change Me Once Again, where I think the new sound of this release is even more evident.

I cant't wait you get your hands on the dvda and let me know your thoughts.

In the meantime as my leg slowly heals (kinda slowly walking now with the help of one crutch!), the work on new Nosound album is going on!
I really don't know why it's taken me so long to preorder this, but I finally got my order in on Burning Shed.
Tim Bowness is one of the best and most underrated singers of the last 30 years, so I can't wait to hear this album in 5.1 surround!

:)

I think there are so many releases that's really difficult for listeners to keep track of the things they might like, and for artists to get the voice out there about something that people might like!

I think there are so many releases that's really difficult for listeners to keep track of the things they might like, and for artists to get the voice out there about something that people might like!

Very true, if it wasn't for this forum (and @haikubass' lists) it would be easy for me to forget about things.
But I also have Burning Shed and their weekly emails to remind me about things as well.

Very true, if it wasn't for this forum (and @haikubass' lists) it would be easy for me to forget about things.
But I also have Burning Shed and their weekly emails to remind me about things as well.

Yep there will be a reminder on their newsletter this week. Hopefully also some last moment surprise for everyone who bought it on the Shed :)

Received my copy today from Burning Shed
Playing it now.

Nice autographed pic!!

Was it really 11 years since its intial release...where does time go?

First impressions, the mix is wonderful.
The songs haven't aged...just as relevant in today's WORLD.

Thank you very much..indeed 11 years!

I'm very happy personally about the mix, in particular for an album that's so close to my heart...and even more to know people are liking it a lot considering I'm measuring against some sort of big name for the original one :ROFLMAO:

I believe also the surround gives to this album a new life, because there's so much happening that surround will be able to reveal it all!

And don't forget...you can already DOWNLOAD IT NOW if you bought it (or will buy it) from Burning Shed :)

Full album available to stream today in lossless stereo on Apple & Amo.

Pre-order up on Amo for MSRP $22.99. Bowness, Tim / Erra, Giancarlo - Memories Of Machines - Amazon.com Music

61JuwOaxSJL._SL1200_.jpg

Extracting to Flac files using DVD Audio Extractor only appears available LPCM surround
Ok. You must extract from the Video folder
Yes on both counts. Giancarlo was able to create a DVD-A/V with maintained & legal software by essentially sticking a DVD-A AUDIO_TS folder with a DVD-V VIDEO_TS folder onto a Disc. So its not a 'correct' DVD-A/V disc but it works! so we got the Surround in LPCM rather than just DD/DTS.

Yes basically linking the DVD-V part from the DVD-A part (instead of asking you to switch your player to read the DVD-V or DVD-A part) means forcing the whole disc to be within specs that are like 20 years old, and using absolutely horrendous software (illegally unless you have a 15 years old PC around). Using instead more modern software, it's possible to make a in-spec DVD-V and DVD-A and simply put them together, like you would do anyway, and simply skip linking any content from the DVD-A into the DVD-V.
That basically means the difference for me between being able to have a DVD-A or not ;-) And I believe it's a very small thing. For ripping simply access the DVD-V and you'll be able to get hires stereo and DD/DTS, or access the DVD-A to get the LPCM surround.

Back