Gilbert O' Sullivan in Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in Gilbert O'Sullivan quad reissues?

• Total voters
Two Gilbert O'Sullivan albums were available in Quad. The tapes were available in the US & Canada. The CD-4 LP's were only released in Japan.:

Back to Front. Mam L-75 (Q8), King 4D-23 (CD4) [Japan], MAMQ-5 (Q8)
[Canada]
I'm a Writer, Not a Fighter. Mam H-17 (QR), L-77 (Q8),
King 4D-14 (CD4) [Japan]

Gilbert? O' Sullivan?

I think that we can safely assume that we will never, ever, ever, ever see a Gilbert O'Sullivan 4.0 SACD from Audio Fidelity.

I think that we can safely assume that we will never, ever, ever, ever see a Gilbert O'Sullivan 4.0 SACD from Audio Fidelity.

What's with all the hate for Gilbert O'Sullivan around here? I like Gilbert O'Sullivan. I have the Q8 of Back To Front, the QR of I'm A Writer, Not A Fighter, and the rare CD4 of Back to Front is on my want list. And, Gilbert seems to have control of his catalog, I think he's been putting out his albums on CD himself through his website lately. Reissuing those quads could actually be something that could possibly be done.

What's with all the hate for Gilbert O'Sullivan around here? I like Gilbert O'Sullivan. I have the Q8 of Back To Front, the QR of I'm A Writer, Not A Fighter, and the rare CD4 of Back to Front is on my want list. And, Gilbert seems to have control of his catalog, I think he's been putting out his albums on CD himself through his website lately. Reissuing those quads could actually be something that could possibly be done.

Don't think it's hate..maybe some slight joking. My guess is many would buy a Quad if it were to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're A&M it's probably all academic ("the Quad master tapes are missing".. I can hear it now)

No, wasn't on A&M, they were released on MAM. I've been told Gilbert has the quad masters.

No, wasn't on A&M, they were released on MAM. I've been told Gilbert has the quad masters.

Oh right.. A&M, MAM, M&M's.. what's an M between friends.. wonder what's eating Gilbert's grape, he should really give his old quads an airing before his devotees have all popped their clogs (naturally)

A discussion of bringing the Quad albums of Gilbert O' Sullivan to Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD.

Well, it's officially a discussion here.....is it a discussion over at AF yet?

Looks like a "No" from Audio Fidelity on Gilbert O' Sullivan on Multichannel SACD.
Will one of the other reissue labels pursue him now for SACD release?

Looks like a "No" from Audio Fidelity on Gilbert O' Sullivan on Multichannel SACD.
Will one of the other reissue labels pursue him now for SACD release?

That's all we need. Gilbert O'Sullivan in two channel. Straight to the cut-out bin.

Back