Giles Martin to re-mix Sgt Pepper's Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is money to be made from either physical copies or downloads, they will be made available. None of the parties involved will leave money on the table.
And there likely isn’t money to be made from another Pepper release right now. There was just a huge Sgt. Pepper release 3 years ago. Can you imagine the uproar if those “greedy Apple Corp folks” tried to get us to buy another version of Pepper just 3 years later. I just can’t see it.

No physical release? Alas, that would mean that the new Atmos mix would be available only in a compressed, lower quality format given the limitations of the current technology. :(

[Edit: I don't mind paying yet again for physical media if it is a substantial improvement over what has come before. I don't get tired of this classic Beatles stuff.]
Agreed.

I have many vinyl pressings of Pepper. Congratulations on your purchase.

Because if there isn't an Atmos mix it just isn't worth listening to?

Does it have the 1st Atmos mix or the new one?

I was listening to the 5.1 of Pepper with the appropriate adjustments to the surrounds. I still think that it sounds rather good. So I'm looking forward to being blown away by the new Atmos mix...assuming that it survives until I get around to subscribing to Apple Music. In the meantime, it's 🏈🏈🏈 season!

Lots of doom and gloom here. The end of physical media. A conspiracy. And it goes on…. I’m just happy to finally have a kick-ass surround mix on a famous album. Another case of the horse biting he hand that feeds them. (It didn’t have to be remixed, and it clearly was done for optimization iof the art alone.) !I guess all the naysayers will just miss out.

Lots of doom and gloom here. The end of physical media. A conspiracy. And it goes on…. I’m just happy to finally have a kick-ass surround mix on a famous album. Another case of the horse biting he hand that feeds them. (It didn’t have to be remixed, and it clearly was done for optimization iof the art alone.) !I guess all the naysayers will just miss out.

Rather than a conspiracy, or biting the hand that feeds, I would throw out there the, cut the nose off to spite the face, or, throw the baby out with the bath water. Streaming is the future, like it or not.

I love multiple mixes of the same material. One size has never fit all...

Streaming is the future, like it or not.

True, I don't own a 4K movie. I always stream them. But with this Apple Music media, I'm still waiting awhile for the early adopters to get the bugs out as we've seen difficulties with this new tvOS version 15.1. (The second mouse gets the cheese...Unless there are supply chain issues, then he starves. :giggle:)

Besides Apple Music, what other (streaming) methods are there for obtaining the new Atmos mix of Sergeant Peppers?

Unless you have Tidal
:ROFLMAO: So its not exclusive to Apple then? Tidal and Amazon are the only other platforms streaming Atmos, correct? And from I've gleaned from reading posts here, the consensus is that Tidal is considerably more limited that Apple and Amazon is extremely limited.... yes?

I also hear I can stream Tidal and Amazon from a Firestick. I think I paid less than $30 for the 4K firestick I bought a year ago. That would seem like a big advantage to not have the expense of an Apple box. Hmmmmm.....

@HomerJAU I think you are the most knowledgeable person around, but you may be misinformed about Peppers on Tidal. I think it's just Let It Be.

Tidal and Amazon are the only other platforms streaming Atmos, correct?
Unless something has changed, the only Atmos on Amazon is “fake” through one of their Echo speakers. Tidal and Apple are close, but I think Apple has a slight bigger selection of my favorites… chief among the Pearl Jam and Beatles.

Back