• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Give the gift of CD-4 this year. :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvl_guy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Greenville, SC (via NJ, Philly, ATL & SoFL)
I'm selling my CD-4 demodulator, cartridge and replacement stylus as a package.

This is a complete setup to be able to play CD-4/Quadradisc quadraphonic albums through your current system.

It includes a completely refurbished new-old-stock JVC 4DD-5 demodulator, JVC 4MD-20X CD-4 cartridge with nearly new Shibata stylus, a new-old-stock replacement stylus 4DT-20X for that cartridge, connector cables for the demodulator to your receiver and a mint condition JVC CD-4 Demodulator adjustment record (45 rpm.)

Does not include the turntable head shell seen in the photo (unless you need it, too.)

All of these products were purchased by me this past year and all were new-old stock when I purchased them. Unfortunately, the demodulator would not power on so I had it completely refurbished including replacement of capacitors and some relays. (I'm not a tech guy, but my regular repair guy who I trust completely told me what had been done to the unit to get it back to working condition.)

The cartridge was also new-old stock. I probably played about 10 records with it, so it's absolutely like new. I also purchased a brand new old stock replacement stylus at that same time since I know how hard replacement Shibata styli are to find. So you'd get two styli for many years of enjoyment. The CD-4 Adjustment record was played once to set up the unit.

The set up works perfectly.

Why am I selling? I ended up purchasing a totally refurbished vintage quadraphonic receiver with built-in CD-4 capabilities and I no longer need this. I also already owned a Shure M24H cartridge and was able to track down a NOS replacement stylus for that one, too.

I have this listed on US Audio Mart for $750, which is exactly how much all this stuff cost me (including the repair) minus shipping. I'd be willing to sell this for less to someone from the group since you guys and gals have GREATLY helped me getting back into this CrAzY hobby. Contact me privately and lets chat. Thank you.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details...modulator-cartridge-setup-record-and-extra-s/
demod.jpgdemod front.jpgdemod rear.jpgdemod paperwork.jpgcartridge 2.jpgcartridge.jpgcartridge box.jpgstylus.jpg

Attachments

• record.jpg
    record.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63
Back