• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll Good Charlotte - The Chronicles Of Life & Death (Dolby 5.1 Dualdisc)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DualDisc of Good Charlotte - THE CHRONICLES OF LIFE AND DEATH

• 10 Great Mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
thank you very much for creating this Poll, Bob!

hopefully more QQ members will seek this one out now and give it a shot!

it may only be Dolby Digital but it sounds a lot better than it has any right to!

the mix is discrete and very active from word "Go"! lovely little things happen here and there, to take you by surprise, its a bit gimmicky but its such FUN.

fidelity is as good as it gets with DD.

I guess ultimately it all boils down to whether it's your musical cup of tea.. it's not really mine and yet I still greatly enjoyed it because the surround mix was so engaging!

It's an "8".

IMachine

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Wow. So many of us have this? :).
It is a really good mix. Perhaps a little too much mid-lows, but very discrete rock.
I give 9 points.

dr8track

Since 2002/2003
Just ordered a cheap copy of this one. Will be curious to hear the mix when I arrive home from the holidays.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Wow. So many of us have this? :).
It is a really good mix. Perhaps a little too much mid-lows, but very discrete rock.
I give 9 points.
its a similar story with so many of these under the radar discs, they clearly never got much attention back in the day and they don't get much now.

I enjoyed this one, Jon created a QQ Poll, which I hoped might give it more exposure but you can't make members buy stuff.. they have to be interested or engaged by the artist or the music and this one doesn't float many peoples boats round here I guess (!?) which is a shame as its got a great surround mix.

IMachine

QQ Supporter
I must say that I discovered a lot of great artists by buying surround stuff.
And many times I'm glad I did.
As I see, there is no poll for the superb Groove Armada disc!?

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I must say that I discovered a lot of great artists by buying surround stuff.
And many times I'm glad I did.
As I see, there is no poll for the superb Groove Armada disc!?
same here! (y) surround has opened up a whole new musical world to me.

which GA SACD needs a QQ Poll? Vertigo? I guess as those discs came out 10 years ago and only in Europe in seemingly limited numbers I guess they've passed a lot of people by?

jefe1

QQ has convinced me again! I just ordered this disc too.
Anyone heard the other Good Charlotte dualdisc?

On a side note just got the BJ Cole Trouble in Paradise. Seller sent the cd not the dual disc but I like the music so a win for me. I will give the cd to a friend once I get the correct dualdisc

jefe1

Thanks for that, the descriptions of these discs are unreliable. Well Fredblue, you just saved me $4. Can I buy you a beer? :)

Group builder