DVD/DTS Poll Good Charlotte - The Chronicles Of Life & Death [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of Good Charlotte - THE CHRONICLES OF LIFE AND DEATH

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments on Good Charlotte - The Chronicles Of Life & Death (Dolby 5.1 Dualdisc)(y)(n)

This was actually released in 2004

Attachments

• 51nACzMPqpL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
    51nACzMPqpL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 236
thank you very much for creating this Poll, Bob!

hopefully more QQ members will seek this one out now and give it a shot!

it may only be Dolby Digital but it sounds a lot better than it has any right to!

the mix is discrete and very active from word "Go"! lovely little things happen here and there, to take you by surprise, its a bit gimmicky but its such FUN.

fidelity is as good as it gets with DD.

I guess ultimately it all boils down to whether it's your musical cup of tea.. it's not really mine and yet I still greatly enjoyed it because the surround mix was so engaging!

It's an "8".

Just ordered a cheap copy of this one. Will be curious to hear the mix when I arrive home from the holidays.

Wow. So many of us have this? :).
It is a really good mix. Perhaps a little too much mid-lows, but very discrete rock.
I give 9 points.

its a similar story with so many of these under the radar discs, they clearly never got much attention back in the day and they don't get much now.

I enjoyed this one, Jon created a QQ Poll, which I hoped might give it more exposure but you can't make members buy stuff.. they have to be interested or engaged by the artist or the music and this one doesn't float many peoples boats round here I guess (!?) which is a shame as its got a great surround mix.

I must say that I discovered a lot of great artists by buying surround stuff.
And many times I'm glad I did.
As I see, there is no poll for the superb Groove Armada disc!?

I must say that I discovered a lot of great artists by buying surround stuff.
And many times I'm glad I did.
As I see, there is no poll for the superb Groove Armada disc!?

same here! (y) surround has opened up a whole new musical world to me.

which GA SACD needs a QQ Poll? Vertigo? I guess as those discs came out 10 years ago and only in Europe in seemingly limited numbers I guess they've passed a lot of people by?

QQ has convinced me again! I just ordered this disc too.
Anyone heard the other Good Charlotte dualdisc?

On a side note just got the BJ Cole Trouble in Paradise. Seller sent the cd not the dual disc but I like the music so a win for me. I will give the cd to a friend once I get the correct dualdisc

Thanks for that, the descriptions of these discs are unreliable. Well Fredblue, you just saved me $4. Can I buy you a beer? :)

Eh, poll thread, I know. But....how can we tell what is the correct 5.1 version? I see this on Amazon, but it doesn't give a description that I can tell.

Eh, poll thread, I know. But....how can we tell what is the correct 5.1 version? I see this on Amazon, but it doesn't give a description that I can tell.

fwiw i've had better luck with buying DualDiscs on eBay where you can see pics of the exact item. lots of copies of this one on eBay at the min 🙂

Reactions: GOS
Back