Good DVD/Blu-ray Player Wanted

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The56Kid

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I’m looking for a not too expensive but functional and durable DVD/Blu-ray player for my daughter. She has a fairly large DVD collection that she treasures. There are plenty of relatively inexpensive dual media players, but I can’t seem to find any that don’t get snubbed for one reason or another.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Honestly, unless she cares about Bluetooth, 4k Upscaling, and SACD, the BDP-S3700 is the same player for $20 cheaper.
And there are others on sale there, I just listed two I have experience with.
Happy to help and glad Ubertrout hot rodded my suggestion and saved you more money on a solid player she will be happy with.

That is what I call teamwork...nice job guys...one of the many nice gestures on here...people helping other people (y) I'm not seeing much of that in the "outside" world we live in right now:(

That is what I call teamwork...nice job guys...one of the many nice gestures on here...people helping other people (y) I'm not seeing much of that in the "outside" world we live in right now:(
You’re so spot on with this, Clint!

I really wasn’t getting any traction with my own online searches but I knew my QQ community wouldn’t let me down. My daughter, who’s a teacher, was really down last night after a tough day and she broke into tears when I gave her the Sony. Life is good!

I too am looking for a high quality Blu-ray player, able to play Hi-Rez discs, and SACD’s...looking to upgrade for Black Friday. I have a Denon Surround Amp. Any suggestions please? 🤔
You need to tell us a little more about your use case - are you going to be using HDMI, do you care about DVD-Audio as well? What about 4k?

I too am looking for a high quality Blu-ray player, able to play Hi-Rez discs, and SACD’s...looking to upgrade for Black Friday. I have a Denon Surround Amp. Any suggestions please? 🤔
How many ways can you say Sony, unless you want to pay exorbitantly jacked up prices for discontinued Oppos?

UBP-X800M2 or UBP-X1100ES are the only ones I know spec'd as capable of DVD-A, they all do SACD

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-u...-blu-ray-player-black/6336494.p?skuId=6336494https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-u...-blu-ray-player-black/6350351.p?skuId=6350351"WAV, AAC, AIFF, MP3, FLAC, MKA, M4A, CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, DVD+R DL, BD-ROM, DVD-R DL, CD-DA"
Yup, I agree. The UBP-X800M2 is the same unit as the UBP-X1100ES except the latter adds an stereo analog output section, and also RS232 support. The Mark 2 version of the UBP-X800 adds Dolby Vision support, so if that's important to you make sure that's what you're getting.

So at $500, who the heck needs a $2-4K crazy overpriced used Oppo? Throw them all in a tree chipper. LOL
The Oppo 203 was I think originally $500 also, and the build quality and such was better (and it can do auto Dolby Vision). But...if I was looking to buy a new player these days I'd just go for Sony.

Hi there
I have just purchased and set up my new SONY UBP-800M2, hoping to play my two new SACD’s...
Blu-ray/ DVD/CD/USB all play well, BUT there is NO SOUND when playing the SACD’s. It seems to be reading the discs, but no sound! What am I doing wrong? Please Help. It is a REGION FREE player. No message comes up to tell me that there is a problem with the REGION. Cheers

Back