Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - DVD-V

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Just watched this DVD - "Classic Albums GYBR". Very interesting. It was not is surround - however, there were many spots where producer Gus Dudgeon would sit at the mixing console with the 24 track masters and single out guitar parts, Eltons vocals, or the vocal backgrounds of Dee Murray, Nigel Olsen and Davey Johnstone. Aside from the fact that this was an interesting view, I could not help but think of a DVD-A or SACD remix of this classic album. If the multi-track masters were at Gus Dudgeons fingertips for this video, then a remix for surround release should be a possibility.

I guess it would be up to Elton and Universal, or whoever owns the mix.

If you grew up with this LP (I remember buying it the day it was released when I was in the Navy in Memphis) you will enjoy viewing this disc.

:-jon

While watching this, I couldn't help but think of the day when we could pull apart an LP track by track like Gus did in our own home. I agree, it is a good DVD and surround makes everything a little better.

Back