Great ebay deal if your needing this Title.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great that you scooped it up. Keep watching for other deals I find. That disc was going for at least 100 bucks at another site I check for price lines.

I would have purchased that one if I had seen it when it was posted...never knew that title existed...and yes they are $100 and up everywhere else..PLUS...that seller on Ebay is an excellent guy to deal with..

The Chicago CTA first album was also the 1st Quadradisc release, the Aretha disc didn't sell as well so the series ended after its release. They are now hard to acquire, usually costly if you find one. I've got my copy and I thought about buying it to flip for profit. But decided against it cause we all try to get our music as cheaply as possible.

I would have purchased that one if I had seen it when it was posted...never knew that title existed...and yes they are $100 and up everywhere else..PLUS...that seller on Ebay is an excellent guy to deal with..

I purchased my copy of Aretha for $19.95 directly from RHINO when they were having one of their rare sales. I think is also included FREE s/h. LOVE that ALBUM. Cranked up, it sounds superb. One of the major complaints on Rhino's website was that both the CTA and Aretha discs weren't MLP DVD~A 4.0 instead of DTS. Compared to the RHINO BD~A of CTA, the DTS 4.0 CTA is an embarrassment. And it didn't help that RHINO priced them at $30 list each!

I purchased my copy of Aretha for $19.95 directly from RHINO when they were having one of their rare sales. I think is also included FREE s/h. LOVE that ALBUM. Cranked up, it sounds superb. One of the major complaints on Rhino's website was that both the CTA and Aretha discs weren't MLP DVD~A 4.0 instead of DTS. Compared to the RHINO BD~A of CTA, the DTS 4.0 CTA is an embarrassment. And it didn't help that RHINO priced them at $30 list each!
I did as well, 2017 or 2016 I think

Like Clint, I had never heard of it, and the "homemade" was a little suspicious. But if Rhino is behind it, that's alright by me!

When I looked it up it was the second in a series -- what was the first?

Yep Rhinos Chicago Transit Authority 1 was the 1st of only 2 they released in this series and Aretha was the 2nd...then they stopped until Chicago Quadio

Snood remember the CTA was going for close to 200 at one point.........Snood was able to buy the Aretha at Rhino for retail about 2 or 3 years ago, they did not seem to sell that well, but once they were gone prices went :eek:

Hint to those who do not know HDAVE, he has been around a while and good buddy of Snood - If he says here is a good deal or better....It most definitely is. When Snood first saw his post was like :eek: only 30 - if did not already have :whistle:

He Text message Snood today going Oh well......I tried, but nobody wanted it.........Snood told him give it thru the day lotta people not read forums night time or early morning.........then he text back it gone hope it was a QQer, Snood says probably was.........and he replies it was Halbrooooooooome :SG Told ya So

Great buy Hal :danceThaaaaaaaaaaaaaank You Dave :hi

The Chicago CTA first album was also the 1st Quadradisc release, the Aretha disc didn't sell as well so the series ended after its release. They are now hard to acquire, usually costly if you find one. I've got my copy and I thought about buying it to flip for profit. But decided against it cause we all try to get our music as cheaply as possible.

This is what makes QQ great - HDave Rox :rocks

iirc the surround mix on this disc is... weird and... kinda wonky!! lots of ass-backward stuff with things in the back that feel like they should be in the front and vice versa! o_O dunno if the way it is presented is "present and correct" or what.. but.. for anyone here who thinks the CBS Quads with drums in one rear speaker are outrageous, all i can say is "get ready" when you plonk this one on.. hehe ;):ROFLMAO:

ahh.. those were the days.. ;)

..when a years' worth of new Quad reissues could be counted on the fingers of one hand and a reissue programme could end after 2 releases.

it feels good to be reminded of leaner times and have the Quad reissue glut we've had in more recent years put into perspective.

the Quadio programme dying and then rising from the dead with the Chicago Quadio Blu-ray Box set in such spectacular fashion is to me one of the coolest things i've seen in all these years being into surround! :QQlove

..when a years' worth of new Quad reissues could be counted on the fingers of one hand and a reissue programme could end after 2 releases.

it feels good to be reminded of leaner times and have the Quad reissue glut we've had in more recent years put into perspective.

the Quadio programme dying and then rising from the dead with the Chicago Quadio Blu-ray Box set in such spectacular fashion is to me one of the coolest things i've seen in all these years being into surround! :QQlove

You sound like an old FUDDY DUD Adam. You're way TOO YOUNG to reminisce. I still cannot believe those Rhino Handmade QUADIO Discs came out in 2010. Seems like yesterday.

And yes, the Aretha QUADIO mix is a bit wonky but cranked up, it sounds pretty spectacular. Who knows, maybe the 'handmade' engineers screwed up on the fronts/rears but the late Queen of Soul did have some remarkable hits and they

sound pretty 'lifelike' in LOSSY but more than serviceable DTS 4.0.

Perhaps someday, You, Adam Bleu, can concoct a surround master of your own which will AUTO CORRECT all of those WONKY surround discs and put the channels where they belong and adjust the levels in ALL channels to 'spurt out' the absolute CORRECT algorithms.

Get Crackin' Brit BOY!

I thought about this lately...how improbable it was to bring back music from a format that died 40 years ago...and unlike vinyl...it was totally gone...and I credit AF for much of this resurgence...others noticed this...an untapped resource for someone to mine...Rhino made a bold move with the Chicago set...and just when we thought it was over AGAIN....here is this small business in the UK lighting the flames once more...and to make it more improbable...they were offering these titles so cheaply it was hard to believe...and then the final straw...the quality....so very very good...how could this happen...I mean what are the odds...and all the people on this forum that lived thru those glory days...embraced quad and invested in the equipment...for them to experience this now...just amazing...and for me... it's been a chance to appreciate this technology I never did as a youth....

Last edited:
I thought about this lately...how improbable it was to bring back music from a format that died 40 years ago...and unlike vinyl...it was totally gone...and I credit AF for much of this resurgence...others noticed this...an untapped resource for someone to mine...Rhino made a bold move with the Chicago set...and just when we thought it was over AGAIN....here is this small business in the UK lighting the flames once more...and to make it more improbable...they were offering these titles so cheaply it was hard to believe...and then the final straw...the quality....so very very good...how could this happen...I mean what are the odds...and all the people on this forum that lived thru those glory days...embraced quad and invested in the equipment...for them to experience this now...just amazing...and for me... it's been a chance to appreciated this technology I never did as a youth....

EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN!

Back