Greetings Fellow Quads!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywaveTDR

Well I have been doing quad since 1978 I think it was. Having just left the Police department as I know that job was one of ridiculous amounts of aggravation it was time to go back to college for the 4 years degree. Me liking tape recorders for a long time needed a summer job and I took a test at Teac of all places and was hired the next day in 1982. I remained in college and cut back some but then graduated in 1985 while still at Teac. Well a lot of jobs since then and getting in and out of Radio where I spent 14 years, I now fix decks at home for people and have become pretty well known. Yes I work on 4 channel and Quad tape decks which is how a customer of mine invited me here. I try and help people fix their equipment giving then the real answers rather than guessing. No I do not need more work as I am already swamped. If anyone with some technical back ground wants to get training and help me fix decks I am ready- contact me. It is not as hard as some would think and you do not need to have a 4 years degree. I can really teach you all you need to know. Is that a good Into?

Welcome, Skywave - you definitely meet QQ membership requirements from a technical standpoint! Where do you stand from a surround/quad music listening standpoint?

I have three complete quad systems in my house but no place to set up and use them due to the space the business has used up in parts and equipment that I need to work on and complete. The problem is that there are not a lot of guys like me that work on decks and so a large number of product come to me and I am overwhelmed with work even working 7 days a week. People ask me what I listen to and I usually tell them I listen to some CD's on the bench after a fix a deck but to listen to music sitting in an easy chair and drinking wine is not a set up that I have. On a bench where I work Stereo is all I can get working.

I'm not one to tell others what to do, but maybe put four speakers just off the ceiling in a nice quad arrangement, maybe dedicate a chest height player/amp? I'm thinking about that for my garage. I'll be spending more time out there if all goes well, even got an extra sub that will fit. Can't get too much surround.

Back