Greetings from Texas.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatpatio

QQ Supporter
Hello All! I am a new member (duh, why else would he be posting here...) anyway, good to be here. I am into the restoration of 70s sound equipment and am a fan of Quad. Working here in the Houston area to restore a Pioneer QX-747 (even though when working perfectly it has its flaws..) and getting a Quad setup in place to go with it. Looking forward to learning and contributing. Later - JR

IMG_3365[1].JPEG
IMG_3366[1].JPEG
IMG_3367[1].JPEG

Hello All! I am a new member (duh, why else would he be posting here...) anyway, good to be here. I am into the restoration of 70s sound equipment and am a fan of Quad. Working here in the Houston area to restore a Pioneer QX-747 (even though when working perfectly it has its flaws..) and getting a Quad setup in place to go with it. Looking forward to learning and contributing. Later - JR

View attachment 91618View attachment 91619View attachment 91620
Pleased to meet you! Nice stack 'o gear you have there. Certainly looking forward to hearing how the QX-747 project goes. And the evolution of your quad set up.

I esp like the work bench photo. The AM clock radio adds a nice touch & I have a Heathkit Audio Analyzer that is the same vintage/style of yours on the right side.

There's only a few of us here with an interest in DIY. If you have any cool projects, please share!

Not from Texas myself, but Idaho seems to consider itself to be Texas north sometimes! Great bench space - I’m jealous of the amount of room, even though I built mine as I thought I wanted it. Please share your bench work with us.

Welcome JR!

Nice gear and like Sonik said...keep us posted on the project(s)!

I just got back from Sugar Land / Houston. I gained 10 lbs eating at Papasitos.
Hi and welcome from another Houstonian. Do you have a public shop or work out of your house?
I work out of my house. I do take some paid restoration work but time is limited. I do plan on retiring this year and that will be my hobby of choice.

Back