Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

EricKalet

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Grilling outdoors has always been a hobby for me. I grill, when most people would NOT consider grilling. :) That all said, not grilling today as it's windy and raining......but wanted to start this thread. Couple weekends ago, I did smoke a 10 pound Boston Pork Butt. It took 13 hours at ~225 F (107 C), after this time it was devastatingly tender and juicy!

But, I did purchase this nice little charcoal basket for my Oklahoma Joe Smoker. It will help contain my lump charcoal, and make things burn more efficiently. Can't wait to try it out!

View attachment 39869
I gotta get back into BBQ'ing. YUM. I bet that pork butt was damn tasty!

Reactions: GOS

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Today, I am slow smoking a small 3 pound beef roast. I am going to attempt to turn it into burnt ends after that. I am flying by the seat of my pants...didn't look up any pointers, etc. That's how I roll. lmao
So, once it got to an internal temperature of 160, I wrapped in foil, returned to a 225 degree offset smoker and got it to 190. Took it off, cut into 1 inch cubes, placed in a foil type pan, tossed with my favorite sweet/smokey barbeque sauce and covered. Let it go another hour I suppose. They were totally tender and juicy. Tasty! We ate them with toothpicks...like finger food. Turned out great.

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
So, once it got to an internal temperature of 160, I wrapped in foil, returned to a 225 degree offset smoker and got it to 190. Took it off, cut into 1 inch cubes, placed in a foil type pan, tossed with my favorite sweet/smokey barbeque sauce and covered. Let it go another hour I suppose. They were totally tender and juicy. Tasty! We ate them with toothpicks...like finger food. Turned out great.
DOOD--post #13000!!! You called it and it arrived--SMOKIN'!

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Gene, you are fortunate that social distancing rules prevent us from driving hundreds of miles to sample your delectable creations. Otherwise hoards of QQ members would be showing up in your backyard. Yum!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I should also say, about every hour, I spritzed the roast with a mixture of beef stock, cabernet wine, tablespoon of barbeque sauce and a teaspoon of garlic "liquid" from a jar of minced garlic.

drphibes

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Chicken drumsticks, with a dry rub inspired by an online recipe somewhere (cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder. a pinch of chipotle powder). corn on the cob, asparagus. Red onion.

Delicious!