Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dinner tonight. It's not getting grilled the Mrs. will roast it and I think she is looking at a Poivre vert sauce, possibly.
I made a misteak at Costco. They had something labeled Prime, $12.99 a pound right next to this. But it was more.

Standing Rib Roast!.jpeg

Edit: Four people. Completely sold out. Only a few TINY scraps left to go into the fridge.

Last edited:
J
We're trying something new tonight- Skirt steak fajitas. But it's been relatively cold here lately (in the 40's) so I wont grill it outside but try it on one of those double sided Griddlers.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
just downloaded the "book of instructions" for the Griddler. I might have to buy one of those. Bout $100.

J

just downloaded the "book of instructions" for the Griddler. I might have to buy one of those. Bout $100.
Hey we love ours! I use it for many things, but mainly waffles, Tator Tots, and a grilled samwich we call a Cubano here's how I do it...

I take ciabatta rolls and spread on a combo of smashed garlic and mayonaise on the cut sides and griddle that for a while till slightly browned.

Then take some thinly sliced 12 year old Cave Aged Gruyere cheese on one side followed by some nice thinly sliced Deli ham and finally some Hot Pepper Rings (suck the extra juice off with a paper towel first) Then put the top of the bun on it and griddle it till the cheese melts.

It really rocks man!

I'm pretty much having grilling withdrawels. Our weather has NOT been nice last few weeks, and anyway, seems it rains or is blowing 50mph or whatever. My grill is put away for the winter. :(

Gene
I grill in the winter. Its fun. Ive grilled ribeyes in a blizzard, chops in freezing rain. I am some what fortunate as the grill lives under our elevated deck, at the walkout level. That does help somewhat. And I have a cover for it - so the Weber stays dry and is always up for duty

Hey we love ours! I use it for many things, but mainly waffles, Tator Tots, and a grilled samwich we call a Cubano here's how I do it...

I take ciabatta rolls and spread on a combo of smashed garlic and mayonaise on the cut sides and griddle that for a while till slightly browned.

Then take some thinly sliced 12 year old Cave Aged Gruyere cheese on one side followed by some nice thinly sliced Deli ham and finally some Hot Pepper Rings (suck the extra juice off with a paper towel first) Then put the top of the bun on it and griddle it till the cheese melts.

It really rocks man!

Yum !! Im on my way, make 2 please

I always used to grill in winter. We moved five years ago and the Mrs. bought me a big spensive gas grill at Costco. It was very pretty but I didn't like the way it grilled so I took it back. I am considering a Weber combo charcoal and propane set up.

When I do grill I use a Portable Kitchens from Jacksonville Arkansas that I have had since the mid seventies. It's a pain to empty and I am not as young as I used to be. I am amazed that it has not fallen apart.

Dinner tonight. It's not getting grilled the Mrs. will roast it and I think she is looking at a Poivre vert sauce, possibly.
I made a misteak at Costco. They had something labeled Prime, $12.99 a pound right next to this. But it was more.

View attachment 74500

Haha Mr Gene.... Here is my Costco dinner for tonight:
MORTONS.jpg

A bit less 'spensive than yours but -get this- it's already cooked & with gravy. Ain't modern times grand?

Now a few weeks ago I was in the mood for Meatloaf. No, not Bat Out of Hell, the real deal. Yup I smoked a meatloaf. Jack Daniels in the meat mix, Colby Jack in the middle, & more Jack Daniels in the meat sauce. This was one Jacked up meatloaf. And it tasted very, very good.

JD MEATLOAF B 2.jpg

JD MEATLOAF A 2.jpg

You forgot to invite me Scott. We eat a whole bunch of that precooked stuff from Costco too. A lot of it is sous vide and is pretty good.

I didn't used to like pot roast. But since she retired from working every day the Mrs. has started cooking up big major storms including a recipe for pot roast with a balsamic vinegar and wine sause that I eat the gravy with a spoon.

When she makes meat loaf she uses lots of cheese and also lots of bacon.

Of course one of the reasons I married into this family was the Christmas and Easter dinners.

Back