Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my ham experiment did not turn out as planned. The pellet grill smoked but almost no heat. After 2 hours I gave up and put it in the oven. I think my grill is broken.

I grill year-round but only smoke during the summer. On my pellet grill, you have to turn up the temperature to compensate for the colder weather and the higher the temperature the less smoke. So if you set the temperature to 225F you might only get to 150F or less and at those low temps the burn pot would probably go out anyway.

They make insulated blankets for them, I may bite the bullet and try that one of these years

61nEnmdgNBL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I BBQ as much as possible during the summer: might try it again this winter but I only have a charcoal Weber grill, so the cold weather can be a challenge.

Your winter in Canada is probably different than mine in the US of A. However @GOS tipped me off to a smoking attachment for the Weber in Post #276. It was insanely hard to keep temps low where they should be in summer. But it's worked perfect so far in colder weather. Someone else here recommended a Maverick grill/meat temp monitor so I picked up on one. It's pretty cheap, & Bluetooth so I can sit on my butt inside & only run out to check on my pork butt outside when needed. Give smoking a try maybe. Don't invite the Orcs.

Haha!

Thanks will check that out

I often throw a whole loin of peameal ham on the BBQ, and slow cook it for 1-2 hours, to use up the coals after cooking steak/veggies/fish etc.

In Canada cured peameal bacon is usually sliced up & fried for breakfast, but it's fantastic cooked on the BBQ like that, too.

Ah, hell. I tried to upload a picture of our winter storm today...and I got an error. :(

I was hesitant to release this pic into the wild for concern it might become a Bernie Sanders meme... but WTH:
SNOW SMALL 02_17_22.jpg

A solid 9 inches over freezing rain from the night before. Our Canadian friends would not be impressed. I hear giant rainstorm coming St Louis so to @gene_stl stay high & dry.

No grilling or smoking in while but I sure am day dreaming about it.

Just took out the trash to the kerb. While I was next to the street a northwind puffed at me. Very cold. Clear now. Storm passed.
The worst heavy rains missed our location. But the sleet and cold didn't. Brrr! February. 62 on monday.

two really nice looking tenderloin steaks going on the grill when Mrs D gets home from her shift.

Here in the high desert we had some snow Thursday morning but it melted by afternoon and while nights are below freezing our days are already in the 50's or even 60's......down to 40's is a "cold" spell....makes these old Canadian bones laugh a bit at what goes for cold around here, and closing schools for 1 inch of snow is a bit of a joke.

After two months of cold, wind, dark, snow, freezing, sleet, snow, dark, and general northern MN winter weather, spring has sprung and I've been enjoying temps in the 40's. So time to start BBQ again.

Started the season off with burgers (500F) and then a smoked cedar plank salmon at 275F.

View attachment 77099

View attachment 77100

I love food even more than I love quad. And I really love quad.

After two months of cold, wind, dark, snow, freezing, sleet, snow, dark, and general northern MN winter weather, spring has sprung and I've been enjoying temps in the 40's. So time to start BBQ again.

Started the season off with burgers (500F) and then a smoked cedar plank salmon at 275F.

View attachment 77099

View attachment 77100

Same here my man! I got my grill out last weekend, cleaned it up and got it going. Mostly burgers and chicken so far, I do have a pork butt in the fridge today...need to get it on soon if I intend to get it done....yesterday sucked bad. Wind, rain and cold. Today, back up to 66 with sunshine.

I just spent the last 15 min or so having great fun om a website called Bushwick Grill Club

This place is all bout food plus music. I could spend some time describing it but really the authors says it best in just one line: " The Bushwick Grill Club is what would happen if Pitchfork & Bon Appetit had a baby."

although some of the food/song connections are a little tenuous it's a lot of fun and made me a bit hungry reading it. So that's good. Looking forward to seeing posts from anyone that gets inspired by this!

Had my first 2022 BBQ yesterday: trout & asparagus! Was tasty.
W
Making me want some juicy pork baby backs; but juuuuust when ya think it’s a gonna be an easy meal, the boyfriend shows up 😖

I have read at least a few news articles over the years where someone tending their hogs trips & falls and doesn't make it out of the pen. Eaten alive by the pigs. Ugghhh.... Your video shows that indeed those little piggies can be aggressive. I can see now how they could attack a human.

Back