Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Negative Effects of Grilling while under the INFLUENCE

See the source image

We've got two tri-tips going on the Weber tonight. Each will probably be seasoned differently and when the step-son arrives from work he'll be in charge of cooking tonight (culinary school grad). We've got some yukon golds to cut into wedges - they'll either get cooked on the grill or in the oven depending on the space available - and lastly some asparagus seasoned done outside in a grill pan.

I also like to grill. I had a gas grill for the convenience and less planning required, it eventually gave up the ghost after a good fifteen year career.

I replaced it with what might be sacrilege to some, a hybrid gas/charcoal grill made by charbroil. I quite like it for my once-weeklyl grilling. I could probably get superior performance with one dedicated gas grill and one dedicated charcoal grill, but I'm not that hardcore.

I usually grill a steak, pork chop, and some sausages. Also some of the thin asparagus so it's all crispy and roast some zucchini, peppers, or corn. I've really gotten into dry rubs lately, I find they have excellent flavor and don't cover your grill in sauce, liquid, or oil.

I like having a side burner on my grill so I can heat up a bbq sauce or cook a side while I'm grilling.

So, only showing the above pictures to capture how I modified the lid with some third party material that seals up the "leaks". I also purchased some high temp silicone (black) that I applied around places where air can get in or out. Joints you know. That, I'm told, makes a world of difference in ability to maintain a steady temperature. I have to let the silicone cure, so unfortunately I can't use it till tomorrow.

Finally, the last picture is the charcoal basket I got today. It helps keep the coals in a contained area, again, helping with slower burns for longer period of time. Can't wait to try it out. :)

Back