Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 lbs ground chuck
1.5 cups shredded Parmesan
1 cup panko crumbs
Half cup ketchup
Half cup Worcester
2 eggs
4 oz sun dried tomatoes
Half cup minced mushrooms
Half red onion
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tb minced garlic
Half green pepper

More or less. I didn’t measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the Parmesan was a nice addition; adds some creamy moisture and saltiness, but was wondering about the cheese overpowering the meat flavor. The only reason I mention that is because I'm not a cheese burger guy, to me it gets in the way of the flavor of the meat. But sure, occasionally, I'll hammer down a cheese burger and come away with a big smile on my face, so go figure:unsure:

I thought the Parmesan was a nice addition; adds some creamy moisture and saltiness, but was wondering about the cheese overpowering the meat flavor. The only reason I mention that is because I'm not a cheese burger guy, to me it gets in the way of the flavor of the meat. But sure, occasionally, I'll hammer down a cheese burger and come away with a big smile on my face, so go figure:unsure:

If you think about 1.5 cups shredded Parmesan, it’s not much..mostly air in measuring cup. In fact, I wished I’d put more in. There was no salt added and I assumed cheese would be salty. I’d add a tsp or so of salt. It was actually amazing, wife loved it.

If you think about 1.5 cups shredded Parmesan, it’s not much..mostly air in measuring cup. In fact, I wished I’d put more in. There was no salt added and I assumed cheese would be salty. I’d add a tsp or so of salt. It was actually amazing, wife loved it.

And no excuses about anyone being lactose intolerant!!!

Nice recipe Gene!

lactaid.jpg

just this friday I grilled a tri-tip, I'm told this is not a commonly asked-for cut of meat except on the west coast. About 40 minutes on indirect heat with a Santa Maria dry rub = delicious.
tri-tip has been catching on here in the mid-west for a few years now. You NEVER hear of anyone fixing it (except me, lol). Cooked correctly and not overcooked, it is a hidden gem for sure. And, cheaper than the stupid highway robbery prices of other cuts. Only, I can't get it (worth a damn) in my little town...I could easily get it half hour away in our larger cities. :) Good idea man....I'll see if I can get a few.

I've been doing tri-tip since the 90's.
Basically the bottom of the sirloin with marble.
Analogous to baby backs vs St Louis style ribs.
Traditional sirloin sucks unless you get prime. No fat.
Perfect for teriyaki or the original Santa Maria sandwiches.
California Italian thing since the 50's.
Like all steaks you need to select on the marbling.
Costco is your friend on these.

Costco’s my friend, the last few years I’ve bought Filet Mignon there for around $13 a lb which is cheaper than a lot of cuts at my grocery store.

Costco is not in my area, never has been.......as a result, I've never set foot in one.... :(

Burgers on the grill for us tonight....ground wild boar...so I guess that makes it pretty "boaring" burgers heheheh. For whatever reason the distributer here has stopped carrying our preferred ground kangaroo, hope they change their mind...maybe I ought to tell them to pick it up again as it was always sold out in the shop.

That sound so good. I can be there in roughly nine hours:) A few photos's?
Photos? A bit too late for that unless you want the inevitable "end result" and I'm not going there!

The local Sprouts Market carries the ground meats from Durham Ranch - wagyu beef, elk, venison, wild boar etc...Natural Grocer is also a good store to find their stuff (they also carry other ground meats - yak and ostrich for example.

We do miss the kangaroo though - super lean, tasty but not gamey...8oz burger the same calories as a 4oz beef burger.

Back