Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilling outdoors has always been a hobby for me. I grill, when most people would NOT consider grilling. :) That all said, not grilling today as it's windy and raining......but wanted to start this thread. Couple weekends ago, I did smoke a 10 pound Boston Pork Butt. It took 13 hours at ~225 F (107 C), after this time it was devastatingly tender and juicy!

But, I did purchase this nice little charcoal basket for my Oklahoma Joe Smoker. It will help contain my lump charcoal, and make things burn more efficiently. Can't wait to try it out!

View attachment 39869
I gotta get back into BBQ'ing. YUM. I bet that pork butt was damn tasty!

Reactions: GOS
Today, I am slow smoking a small 3 pound beef roast. I am going to attempt to turn it into burnt ends after that. I am flying by the seat of my pants...didn't look up any pointers, etc. That's how I roll. lmao

So, once it got to an internal temperature of 160, I wrapped in foil, returned to a 225 degree offset smoker and got it to 190. Took it off, cut into 1 inch cubes, placed in a foil type pan, tossed with my favorite sweet/smokey barbeque sauce and covered. Let it go another hour I suppose. They were totally tender and juicy. Tasty! We ate them with toothpicks...like finger food. Turned out great.

So, once it got to an internal temperature of 160, I wrapped in foil, returned to a 225 degree offset smoker and got it to 190. Took it off, cut into 1 inch cubes, placed in a foil type pan, tossed with my favorite sweet/smokey barbeque sauce and covered. Let it go another hour I suppose. They were totally tender and juicy. Tasty! We ate them with toothpicks...like finger food. Turned out great.
DOOD--post #13000!!! You called it and it arrived--SMOKIN'!

Gene, you are fortunate that social distancing rules prevent us from driving hundreds of miles to sample your delectable creations. Otherwise hoards of QQ members would be showing up in your backyard. Yum!

I should also say, about every hour, I spritzed the roast with a mixture of beef stock, cabernet wine, tablespoon of barbeque sauce and a teaspoon of garlic "liquid" from a jar of minced garlic.

What's on for the 4th?
We had BBQed Polska Kielbasa dogs on buns with mustard and Banana Peppers and home made Tater Salad 😋

4TH FW.jpg

Ribs....three racks all seasoned differently. The family professionals (step daughter and her husband, both culinary school grads) are hard at work and it's going to be delicious and I'm going to eat more than is good for me.

Smoked a brisket for labor day. Can't wait for tomorrows leftover BBQ sammiches.

While the meat was resting, I went out to the garden for potatoes (prepared twice baked), along with corn on the cob, carrots, and cucumber.

View attachment 56049

View attachment 56050
Oh man those slices look sweet! Did those veggies come from The Shire? Oh, your garden. Even better.

As much as I LOVE smoking meats...I still have not smoked a brisket yet.

This is my first full summer with the smoker, so a lot of firsts for me, including this brisket. The electric smoker makes things so easy that everything I've tried so far has turned out great.

I need a wireless thermometer though, so I don't have to keep checking the smoker thermometer as I close in on a desired temperature.

Back