Groove Armada's Vertigo on Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodbye Elation (Hello Deflation)

Just saw the Poll thread for this one and someone posted a “7” vote saying the rears are merely a reflection of the fronts minus the bass. I never bought this one due to inflated prices.

I’d like some more input from others, with more technical focused listening to this title.

Love some analysis from our man @sjcorne if you don’t mind; I know you recently got lucky and picked this one up on the cheap?

Knowing more, may give cause to others that voted, to listen more carefully and adjust their vote ⬇️ if true.

I know I’d be pissed, if I decided to spend big bucks on this, only to discover a crummy mix.

yes Mr P., they're right in what they say in the Poll, it's really double Stereo for the most part.

tbh i'm not sure there's much discrete going on throughout, there's the occasional sound effect or drum fill that pans around to the back but it's really underwhelming from a Surround p.o.v. unfortunately.

musically its v.nice but you'd get far better results running the Stereo through your Surround Master imho 👍🤗

yes Mr P., they're right in what they say in the Poll, it's really double Stereo for the most part.

tbh i'm not sure there's much discrete going on throughout, there's the occasional sound effect or drum fill that pans around to the back but it's really underwhelming from a Surround p.o.v. unfortunately.

musically its v.nice but you'd get far better results running the Stereo through your Surround Master imho 👍🤗
Dang :(
* I tend to be very harsh with this sort of thing in the Polls Freddie; I'd probably throw it a "6" or even a "5"... Warner Atmos anyone? :)

1678377477072.gif

Yes, we then must go to the Australian nasties Matrix treatment, and give it …

1678379571417.jpeg

Dang :(
* I tend to be very harsh with this sort of thing in the Polls Freddie; I'd probably throw it a "6" or even a "5"... Warner Atmos anyone? :)

View attachment 89511

Yes, we then must go to the Australian nasties Matrix treatment, and give it …

View attachment 89514
....... I love Marmite (it is made from a brewing by-product) :LB but can't stand Vegemite :ROFLMAO: Vegemite to me is the same as fake Atmos mixes (& I haven't heard any as I don't stream)

Goodbye Elation (Hello Deflation)

Just saw the Poll thread for this one and someone posted a “7” vote saying the rears are merely a reflection of the fronts minus the bass. I never bought this one due to inflated prices.

I’d like some more input from others, with more technical focused listening to this title.

Love some analysis from our man @sjcorne if you don’t mind; I know you recently got lucky and picked this one up on the cheap?

Knowing more, may give cause to others that voted, to listen more carefully and adjust their vote ⬇️ if true.

I know I’d be pissed, if I decided to spend big bucks on this, only to discover a crummy mix.
I spend a fair bit on Love Box and was very disappointed by it…. I’ll listen to Vertigo over the weekend and give you my thoughts….. I also have Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub which was pretty good if I remember but not exceptional….

Back