Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary coming out next year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

dobyblue

701 Club - QQ All-Star
The vocal positioning in Elliot Scheiner's 5.1 mixes is pretty consistent to my ears, it's definitely audible in all speakers as you say but significantly louder in the two fronts. From the sweet spot in all my surround systems (including the car), it sounds like center front and not the middle of the room. The vocal treatment on the new Pink Floyd Animals 5.1 remix is similar.

I am glad you like it!
👍

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
The vocal positioning in Elliot Scheiner's 5.1 mixes is pretty consistent to my ears, it's definitely audible in all speakers as you say but significantly louder in the two fronts. From the sweet spot in all my surround systems (including the car), it sounds like center front and not the middle of the room. The vocal treatment on the new Pink Floyd Animals 5.1 remix is similar.
What do you use as a head-end in your car?

mikusguitarius

I'm actually ok with not hearing it. Ever again.

It's a goofy track, in some ways. Stunning lyrics like, "wouldn't time be out to charm you?"...

Way over-hyped, IMO.
Never mind the lyrics/vocals…
Slash’s 2 guitar solos in the main section, plus the outro soloing are SUBLIME!!

sjcorne

Staff member
For what it’s worth, on Apple Music under “Coming Soon”, it has Use Your Illusion (Super Deluxe) and if you click on it, the Dolby Atmos badge is there. So maybe?
The box set includes the Live In New York concert film in Atmos & 5.1, I'd imagine that's what the Atmos badge is referring to. But I hope they snuck the studio albums in there!

DAVE1971

Absolutely gutted that the band declined the Steven Wilson Atmos mixes for this release. Having probably the best surround mixer around right now doing both albums and then not seeing the light of day……it really seems to defy logic.

Hopefully someone will be able to persuade the band to do a u-turn on this and we can all enjoy these mixes in full Atmos / 5.1 sound - I’m sure they sound unbelievable 👍🏻

mikusguitarius

Absolutely gutted that the band declined the Steven Wilson Atmos mixes for this release. Having probably the best surround mixer around right now doing both albums and then not seeing the light of day……it really seems to defy logic.

Hopefully someone will be able to persuade the band to do a u-turn on this and we can all enjoy these mixes in full Atmos / 5.1 sound - I’m sure they sound unbelievable 👍🏻
As @mrcond says above in post #95, it looks like the Dolby Atmos mixes may be up for streaming....