Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary coming out next year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slash shared this update in an interview with Biff Bam Pop! and said, “It got delayed by the pandemic but it is coming out, I think this summer.”

As for what extras will be featured on the reissue, “There’s a bunch of cool live stuff on it, a couple shows. The Ritz [in New York City] from the ’90s, like early ’90s, and a show that we did in Las Vegas back in 1989, I think it was. And it’s actually the show that I met my ex-wife at, so I was really hard-pressed to even do the f—ing record.”

Some of us QQers have speculated that this is the project of a hit ‘90s album that Steven Wilson previously hinted at creating a surround sound mix for. Maybe we’ll know for certain soon.

The bigger question is, after the way the initial price of AFD was Slashed (pun intended) after it's initial release, who will want to pony up a large sum of money to be the first to have it on their block? I will certainly be weary, although I like the UYI albums much more than AFD and if SW did in fact do the mix it will be very hard to resist.

I recently cobbled together a "best of" song list from both albums. Settled on 10 songs I reeeeeaaaallly like.
10 out of 30.
The price better be right...
Interesting. I recently did the same thing in October. I burned one >80 minute cd for the truck(I could actually fit 11... how spinal tap is that). I am going to list the songs that made it on to mine and you can let me know where you went differently...
Civil War
Don't Cry
Locomotive
14 Years
Estranged
The Garden
November Rain
Dead Horse
Coma
You Could Be Mine
Breakdown

I recently cobbled together a "best of" song list from both albums. Settled on 10 songs I reeeeeaaaallly like.
10 out of 30.
The price better be right...
Interesting. I recently did the same thing in October. I burned one >80 minute cd for the truck(I could actually fit 11... how spinal tap is that). I am going to list the songs that made it on to mine and you can let me know where you went differently...
Civil War
Don't Cry
Locomotive
14 Years
Estranged
The Garden
November Rain
Dead Horse
Coma
You Could Be Mine
Breakdown

Yo, Billy & Baggy,

I suggest 'youse' guys wait for the EP Edition: Use Your Illusion 1 & 2....AXED and SLASHED!

Picky, PICKY!!!

R.352bb4c537d5f0994edb761a46fd2e80

Civil War
Don't Cry
Locomotive
14 Years
Estranged
The Garden
November Rain
Dead Horse
Coma
You Could Be Mine
Breakdown
There's definitely some filler/crap on this effective quadruple album, but what's really amazing is how much good stuff there is. On top of this I'd put Pretty Tied Up, Don't Damn Me, Dust n' Bones...even Back Off Bitch, despite that one occasionally going into self-parody. There's a reference, I think in Slash's book, to this album originally being planned for some version of surround sound, but the tech wasn't there for commercial delivery. Now it is.

I suspect I'll buy it even without surround, and I'll buy it day 1 with surround. I mean, that's how the market works - stuff either sells out or goes on clearance. I like getting a good deal as much as much more than the average bear, but in the end it's about getting the stuff that brings you joy.

I suspect I'll buy it even without surround, and I'll buy it day 1 with surround. I mean, that's how the market works - stuff either sells out or goes on clearance. I like getting a good deal as much as much more than the average bear, but in the end it's about getting the stuff that brings you joy.
Yeah but when it ends up being 50% or more less than what I paid I feel like a sucker, but you pay your money and you take your chances.

Yeah I mean I get that this "could have" been one really great album, but when I look to try and pare it down, there's not many songs I would take off. It would still be a double album. Right Next Door To Hell, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden of Eden, 14 Years (sorry Izzy), Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine, Don't Cry (version two), My World all could go. But that still leaves 20 songs and almost 2 hours worth of music. So double album.

Yeah I mean I get that this "could have" been one really great album, but when I look to try and pare it down, there's not many songs I would take off. It would still be a double album. Right Next Door To Hell, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden of Eden, 14 Years (sorry Izzy), Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine, Don't Cry (version two), My World all could go. But that still leaves 20 songs and almost 2 hours worth of music. So double album.
Agree 100%. There are probably only about 6 songs that I could do with out and even those are decent.
I can't speak for anyone else but my only reason for cutting it in half was to make it more "consumable" in one sitting. It's not often that I am willing to make a 2½ hour commitment to listen to an entire album, and I often found that the extreme length was an impediment for me wanting to pull it off the shelf and cue it up.

Civil War
Don't Cry
Locomotive
14 Years
Estranged
The Garden
November Rain
Dead Horse
Coma
You Could Be Mine
Breakdown
Civil War