Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary coming out next year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did but he's just confirmed to me that it won't be coming out. Band didn't like Atmos.
Seriously?
Maybe it was too gimmicky. IMO if the mix is too discrete in the height channels it just looses any sense of realism it may have had. Heights are great for effects, but using them as discrete music channels that carry discrete instruments, not so much. Just too gimmicky for music. At any rate, there is still a SW 5.1 mix to enjoy.

Maybe it was too gimmicky. IMO if the mix is too discrete in the height channels it just looses any sense of realism it may have had. Heights are great for effects, but using them as discrete music channels that carry discrete instruments, not so much. Just too gimmicky for music. At any rate, there is still a SW 5.1 mix to enjoy.
As long as we get the 5.1 I’ll be happy!

wow I feel totally opposite. Each to their own.

Admittedly, I am pretty much a greatest hits kind of fan of GNR but I am kind of surprised the band even cares to have an opinion.

Always thought Axel’s disregard for showing up on time for a live gig would have carried over to a general disregard of production values.

I find it kind of funny (maybe sad) that if true, that they put more marketing/sales stock in replica tickets, fake tattoos, and simulated leather slip case.

Admittedly, I am pretty much a greatest hits kind of fan of GNR but I am kind of surprised the band even cares to have an opinion.

Always thought Axel’s disregard for showing up on time for a live gig would have carried over to a general disregard of production values.
Ironically, I think they became 'studio perfectionists' to some degree during the making of this album (to the point where they were dissatisfied with Bob Clearmountain's mixes!). Bill Price said in an interview years ago that the entire band was in the room making suggestions during the mixing of "November Rain".
I decided that the only way to find out which tracks to use would be to get the entire band in the studio at the same time, which seemed like quite a normal thing to me. When I mentioned this to the band's management, they were totally horrified. The thought of Guns N' Roses all being in the same room at the same time was too much for them to bear. [Laughs.] They warned me against it, but I couldn't think of any other way of doing it. So they all arrived, and we got down to a mix. They were very gentlemanly. Axl walked in and said, "Good afternoon, Slash. I know it's your guitar, and obviously you have the main say in it, but I do love that lick there. Do you think we could have it a bit louder?" Total gentlemen. We finally got the mix done.

Back